Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Catching up


The Green Mountains of Vermont-another foggy, drizzly day.
We went over Route 9 on Monday to go visit RPI with Katie- she and I had a great adventure day-lots of driving, lots of laughs, but she didn't care for RPI. Me either-though I do think its a really good school-its just not right on this front.
Didn't know Troy, NY, home of RPI is the home of Uncle Sam like this sign says. You learn something new every day.


This is the Molly Stark Obelisk in Bennington, VT. We saw signs for this all the way across VT, and then it appeared right off the road.
And in Bennington, there were these moose everywhere. We snapped these while driving down Main Street.

More of the Obelisk.
Here's Katie and her moose at the Obelisk.



More moose. So Monday we visited RPI, then went for dinner at a Golden Corral in Springfield MA on the way to my mom;'s,that was an experience...quite the crowd there...then we visited Mom-spent Monday night and most of the day Tuesday-we took her Tuesday to the movies-her first movie in the theatre in probably 30 years- we went to see My Sister's Keeper. A tear jerker for sure...and not as good as the book...but good for my mom to get out...she doesn't experience life the same way most people do...she hates to spend money and I think has fear of going out her comfort zone-like we all do but she's not one to push herself to get out...we drove home last night after a nice visit...today, more foggy drizzly weather- been cleaning a bit, my friend Ina arrives from NC tomorrow, we also rented some movies-right now watching New in Town with Rene Zweliger (now I botched that spelling), which I am actually liking and also rented The International to watch tonight-not much else to do...and this is chill at home day. So tomorrow I meet my friend at my favorite craft store in MA-Absolutely Everything and who knows what else we'll do for the day...and then we're into the July 4th weekend already- wow-where does time go? I want to know...so I can slow it down once we get some summer weather. If we get any summer weather...




No comments: