Sunday, September 6, 2009



OK, been playing a lot off and on today with Photoshop Elements and made a bunch of cool photo collages using a picture I snapped in Paris last Feb. Here's 2. Also made some clay tiles today so did a lot of playing. Finished reading my Barbara Pym novel and Dave and I went out for pizza for dinner. Great relaxing day-but cool today, only in the 60's.
Will post more another day, but wanted to share these masterpieces with you.
So just found this list on a blog: My year in Paris, and I love lists so I have to come back and add it. Anyhow, let me update this to my eating habits as an omnivore.
) Copy this list into your blog or journal, including these instructions.2) Bold all the items you've eaten.3) Cross out any items that you would never consider eating.4) Optional extra: Post a comment here at http://www.verygoodtaste.co.uk%20linking%20to%20your%20results./

The VGT Omnivore's Hundred:
1. Venison-yup
2. Nettle tea
3. Huevos rancheros-yum, love them
5. Crocodile-does alligator count because I've had that as Disney World years ago
6. Black pudding -kind of scares me because I know why its black-not a biggie here in the US
7. Cheese fondue-yum
8. Carp
9. Borscht-not a favorite but have had it
11. Calamari-good when its fried
12. Pho
13. PB&J sandwich-a favorite still
15. Hot dog from a street cart-yes-and they are the best
17. Black truffle
18. Fruit wine made from something other than grapes-have had blueberry and I think apple at one time
19. Steamed pork buns-yummy
20. Pistachio ice cream-oh yes!!!!!
21. Heirloom tomatoes-maybe not heirloom-but garden fresh are sooo yummy
22. Fresh wild berries-lots of blueberries and respberries and blackberries-favs!
24. Rice and beans-oh yes, a great meal especially in Louisana
25. Brawn, or head cheese-would rather not
26. Raw Scotch Bonnet pepper-I'd like to keep my mouth intact
27. Dulce de leche-I think so, if I'm thinking of a carmel cream tpe of dessert-baked I believe
28. Oysters-fry them up and I LOVE THEM
29. Baklava-oh yes
31. Wasabi peas-wasabi is a bit hot for me but have tried them
32. Clam chowder in a sourdough bowl-hey I live in New England home of the best chowder-you don't need te bread bowl- just some great chowder
34. Sauerkraut-on a hot dog
35. Root beer float (It's funny how root beer is so culturally specific. For example, I've never met a Japanese person who likes it!)-don't like root beer at all
36. Cognac with a fat cigar
37. Clotted cream tea
38. Vodka jelly/Jell-O-I'm not giving that away
39. Gumbo-oh yes, go to New Orleans for this
40. Oxtail
41. Curried goat
42. Whole insects (I would try one, but they would have to be cooked.)-does a mosquito/blackfly that flies in your mouth work?
43. Phaal
44. Goat's milk-in cheese
45. Malt whisky from a bottle worth £60/$120 or more -well, not that pricey
46. Fugu
47. Chicken tikka masala-I think so-not sure though
48. Eel-would rather not
49. Krispy Kreme original glazed doughnut-not as good as I would have guessed
50. Sea urchin
54. Paneer
55. McDonald's Big Mac Meal-too many in my life, time to give up Big Macs
57. Dirty gin martini
58. Beer above 8% ABV-maybe
59. Poutine
60. Carob chips-not as good as chocolate
61. S'mores-who hasn't?
62. Sweetbreads -something else I know what it is and its not sugar and not bread either
63. Kaolin
66. Frogs' legs -no but not sure they sound appealing
67. Beignets, churros, elephant ears or funnel cake-oh yes, New Orleans for the Beignets and churros on many Costco trips
69. Fried plantain
70. Chitterlings, or andouillette
72. Caviar and blini-I have
73. Louche absinthe
74. Gjetost, or brunost
75. Roadkill-there was cafe called the roadkill cafe in Laconia years ago only it wasn't really roadkill-I want t believe
76. Baijiu
77. Hostess Fruit Pie-ok, why? As a kid they tasted great
78. Snail -but I've had their cousin conch
82. Eggs Benedict-yes I have
83. Pocky
84. Tasting menu at a three-Michelin-star restaurant-I honestly don't know as I've never checked
86. Hare
87. Goulash-yes
88. Flowers-as a garnish
89. Horse
90. Criollo chocolate
91. Spam-it was a staple in my mother's cooking vocabulary
92. Soft shell crab-maybe as I've eaten crab
93. Rose harissa
94. Catfish-yes
96. Bagel and lox-oh yes
97. Lobster Thermidor-just give me a plain old lobster anyday
98. Polenta-yes
99. Jamaican Blue Mountain coffee-don't drink coffee
100. Snake-not if I could help it
some of these I wouldn't even try-sorry list maker, and some of these I'm not sure what they are to be honest with you. And ignore the underlining, not sure who added it but was in the blog I copied it from and I don't have a way to get rid of it.
How about you? What would you eat?

No comments: