Saturday, August 14, 2010

Party Prep

So tonmorrow is the party for Katie- somewhere around 40 people coming which is a good crowd. Yesterday I truly broke the bank shopping...probably 3/4 of it was food for the shin-dig and the rest was just things we needed. But the yard is looking fantastic- set up horsehoes and darts for entertainment...Dave ordered a chocolate cake which I picked up and brought home to Katie's "YUK" as she wanted wanted a yellow cake and Dave messed up...not on purpose either. I keep carrying things upstairs and either piling them under the ironing board (where to put things in my studio?) or away, and I still have a bit of food to deal with...last night I marinated chicken drumsticks so I can grill them tonight and then just reheat tomorrow. Then my cousin Nancy calls me to tell me her husband is passing a kidney stone and they don't think they'll be coming-I said wait and see if he passes it tomorrow-he'll feel fine afterwards. Poor guy. I can relate to her since my hubby has passed a few. Not fun. And today we need to go pick up the boat and Kate's at work and then goes to her boyfriend's sister's wedding...so we're missing that third set of hands. BUSY! But am basically ready and it should be FUN.
So I took these of our dartboard which Dave hung up on the back of his shop. LOVE these photos. Not sur if I like the dartboard by itself or the views with the wood the best. Hmmmm.

No comments: