Sunday, November 21, 2010

Its been a GREAT weekend

Apples ready to be topped and baked in a pie!
Can't wait to eat a piece!
Pie I made this morning!
Got to say this weekend has been excellent!!! Had some fun, played in the studio, did a FEW of my chores...relaxed...know I have a short week ahead...GOT TO LOVE IT! Why is it though I am so ingrained to feel like if my chores don't get finished my weekend hasn't been a success? Its a NASTY habit to be that way because let's face it, those chores aren't going anyplace and usually, do they really interfere with anything important in life?
So you can see I made this yummy looking apple pie this morning...will have a piece after dinner tonight. Got lots done on my new altered book, which I will photograph for you at some time. I am having a blast making it 1920's or 1930's style Christmas in Paris. FUN! Worked quite a bit yesterday too on it so its moving right along.
Last night Dave and I went to see Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1- its was GREAT. Like them being a bit dark, but I didn't like how I have to wait to see part 2.
*****
So its a week of being THANKFUL here in the US as we have our Thanksgiving Holiday on Thursday. Last year I posted  my top 10 things I am thankful for in my life, see Nov. 25, 2009.
Let me add a few more items because that list hasn't changed at all...but I am thankful for so MANY THINGS which I have been blessed with in my life.
1-I am thankful for laughter, because it does cure the blues.
2-I am thankful for adventure, but it keeps you on your toes and gives life a glittery edge.
3-I am thankful for nature because it brings me back to my core and centers me and calms me often.
*****
More to come tomorrow.