Thursday, December 9, 2010

Studio MESS!

My studio is an ABSOLUTE MESS!  Things seems to be everywhere-wait-things are everywhere. Think I just figured out what my Holiday VACATION project is going to be- CLEANING and ORGANIZING my studio a bit. And if I don't finish it the week off between Christmas and the New Year, it will be my January Project. Will help once I can put the holiday stamps away back on the top shelf. And maybe then I can find things...though I do find 99.99999% of what I want, was working last night with an Oxford Impressions stamp set that seems to have been split apart...some here, some there- and I couldn't find exactly what I wanted. GRRR...What a PAIN! Hopefully I can find the stamp I want...so I can finish up my Paris and Christmas holiday book which I was working on for awhile.Think one good idea (but where to store it) would be to do a box with Christmas items (stickers, ribbons, rub-ons, etc) and another one with Halloween stuff...I just need more shelves or more boxes or SOMETHING- E-GADS!
So today's card is one I reeally really like how it came out and it was pretty simple to do. All stamps are Hero Arts (just 1 more day to they start showing new stamps other than their sneak peeks...what fun though). I embossed their holiday wreath stamp (one of the few of this year's Holiday stamps I bought) in green after stamping it on printed red paper by Martha Stewart. I punched it out on the outside and hand cut out the middle. THis I attached to a plain white card. Added some sticky felt snowflakes from a big pack you get at Michael's for like $2.99. I added red gemstones to each snowflake...and a little ribbon-VOILA- stamp the saying and you get a cool card. I must admit, when I first stamped the wreath and cut it out I didn't like it, but the snowflakes and gemstones really gutsy it up.
So stay warm, we're in the DEEP FREEZE ONCE again.