Sunday, December 5, 2010

Yum! Yum!

The other day I did a bit of holiday baking...made these FANTASTIC cookies from the Black Dog Summer Cookbook. Ginger Cookies made from fresh ginger-these are the BEST! I never tried the recipe before but thanks to my sister-in-law Laurie who made them and brought them to my mother-in-laws...they're soft and chewy, not crsip. They are BIG on taste...Got to go steal one fro the bin I think even though its only just after 9 a.m.
So today we have Dave's office's holiday party- a dinner out really- usually a good time with good food. They say we could get flurries today...and its dark like that could happen. Yesterday I went to Stonewall Kitchen outlet and did a bit more hoiday shopping...and also organized my gifts to see who I had left to buy for, put out my Santa collection and put out holiday dishes on my hutch...now the house looks very HOLIDAY-ish. Got to love it! Week ahead is BUSY too...but will force myself to find a bit of studio down time, get my head on straight time...need to stop letting the little items which take up so muc time become a hassle...I guess that's lessons learned in life and at the holiday season...when there's always so much to do anyhow.
Have a great day!