Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Last Night...

After work, I was the laziest woman on the planet. So tired I lounged on the couch, made eggs for dinner...watched tv from when I got home until I went to bed...didn't even download the photos I was going to show you. And when I left work it was 54 degrees...54...and beautiful and I thought I'd have so much energy but I stopped at Michael's to pick up a card booklet I wanted and had seen before...and saw they had their Sizzix stuff 40% and I got a few basic dies I thought would work...and was exhausted by the time I got home. yawn...that's whats happens when you don't sleep so well the night before and hurt your back sleeping and just want to sit up against the heating pad.
So the art today is a couple of things I made for my travel journal-first here's a pocket-thought it would be great to stick airline stuff in...basically its a pocket I die cut, colored with inks and Copics...the tag in the middle is a Cat's Life Press stamp punched out, the bottom silouettes are new from Hero Arts and the words are an older stamp I've had that's made by PSX. I added some copper colored Ranger dimensional pearls dots.
And here's a tag for my Las Vegas page(s). I die cut the tags, outlined in black marker, stamped the little words win and lose from a retired Technique Tuesday set, then distressed the background and stamped the dice-also from a retired Technique Tuesday set. The Las Vegas letters are stickers and the luck word is a die cut in red which is outlined in black.
Now I always have problems getting my travel journal ready because I try to second guess what I may want and I want to finish up pages...which of course, I can't do since I haven't taken the trip yet. Plus, I can make changes to tags and backgrounds once I'm actually doing the book, while I'm away. Now I just need to find my little mini travel art metal suticase (4x6 inches) perfect to carry the few supplies I'll need . Its someplace in the mess that is my studio right now.
Oh yeah- and here's my latest read...getting my travel groove on...
Rick Steves' Europe Through the Back Door 2011: The Travel Skills Handbook
Its all about the trip right now...and getting away from the cold wind (which is blowing pretty strong right now...so much for 54 degrees yesterday...)

No comments: