Thursday, March 31, 2011

SNOW??????????

What is this some kind of early April's fool joke? They are saying a BIG snowstorm tonight and tomorrow! A big snowstorm?  Winter is suppose to be over, isn't it? I hate these cruel springs...the kind that can't quite fight off the last hold of winter.
Can you tell this kind of (LOL) upsets me?
So, to get my mind off the impending doom, here's a few scrap/journal pages from my family's summer 2009 vacation to Northern California and Crater Lake. These all all from Crater Lake-if you can't tell-lol.
This crazy page is to celebrate the gorgeous blue the lake is. The photo is looking down into the water. I really LOVE the tag I made on the left- the base is stamped with a PostModern Design stamp, tinited light blue, the heart is stamped and cut out (used the plain back) with words written on it and then inked a darker blue. I added the words stamped on another paper (7Gypsies) and then overstamped the whole thing with some circles. There's also some fringe I made at the bottom.

A collection of cabin receits where we stayed our one night at Crater Lake. Also a bird I die cut and colored, some Martha Stewart paper and the bottom stamp, a die cut tag with the 5000 miles stamped on it and some other stickers and paper tape.

A pocket to hold my map which I made from a Sizzix pocket die and then decorated it with gaffer tape from 7Gypsies, some Hero Arts gemstones and a Crater Lake sticker I picked up at the park visitor's center. I also used some die cut trees and some more gaffer tape along with a  flying bird sticker which is ancient from my stash.
We took a boat trip on the lake to to get photos you got people's heads...so I included it because the journal is suppose to be like the trip. I love my bottom art...some die cut trees, some 7Gypsies stickers, some gemstones by Hero Arts, a few circle stamped images, a butterfly sticker.
More of the lake. I don't know who made the tiny fish stamp-maybe Magenta- but I added it to the distrssed striped paper. The photo is actually mounted on a piece of inked of scrap...I added some Jolee flowers, some board tag stickers which I decorated with stamps and a Making Memories sticker.
Finally another boat trip photo on distressed and scrap paper. Using some of those much loved Autumn Leaves postmark stamps, a tag I die cut, distressed and used an ancient stamped phrase on...also wrapped on end in copper craft wire and cut out a craft wire leaf to finish it off.
Anyhow...don't think the wam glow posting these photos will last too long with people talking snow weather all day... and yesterday it was in the 50's, sunny and gorgeous...a real snow melt day at home...
Try to keep your chin up and smile...I will...try at least...

No comments: