Friday, August 26, 2011

AUGH! Last Day of Vacation is Here

I'm not moaning TOO loudly. It is time to go back to work but I will need to readjust my brain to work mode...busy structured days compared to long, lazy not always productive summer days. But I feel refreshed and more or less ready.
And we're still on the Hurricane watch. Right now we're suppose to get something Monday...so who knows if I'll be going back Monday. But since it is only Friday we're too far away yet to know anything definately...so who knows what Irene will do.  Later yoday we need to help my mother-in-law clean up and we need to pick up...put the lawn chairs out of the wind and take down the bird feeders tomorrow....that kind of thing. And after we move Katie back to school we need to go batten down the hatches on the boat and be sure there's nothing lose.
And tomorrow I move my baby back to College and I'm sad she's gonna be gone...but I know I'll see her since she's in and out a lot and since she wil be home to work next weekend. But right now my livingroom is FULL of her boxes and bags and assorted paraphenalia...
So I am going to my favorite craft store today to just do something for me and fun and something I LOVE to do-shop for craft supplies! On the last day of my summer vacation before I am back to work and the schedule and everything that comes with another school year.
And yesterday I had a great shopping trip- got a couple of things at the GAP outlet and BASS shoes had buy 1 get 2 free so I got some clogs and black sandals...gave Katie the other pair. It was fun to go shopping with my baby.
BUT
Let me show you something out of my studio...
I've been into a lot of orange lately I've noticed. This was a simple easy card but I like how it came out. I started by making a card out of ornage cardstock-obvious.
Then I cut and used some pink polka dot paper and I cut some white paper. The way this is laying makes the white right edge look a bit curved, which it is not-but maybe not quite straight if you want to nit pick it, I never seem to do anything straight, but don't look too closely!  LOL.
Anyhow, I used these fun PAPERSMOOCHES stamps for the fish and stamped a BUNCH of them. I used Copics to color them and some clear Sakura glitter pens for the bubbles.  Then is used just a blush of blue ink brushed on the white paper.  I don't know who makes the just keep swimming stamp- BUT I love it and use it a lot. (Thanks to Finding Nemo too). Finally, a few Viva dots in orange.

No comments: