Saturday, August 20, 2011

Birthday Card

As I mentioned yesterday, the other day I went to one of my bookclub girlfriend's 40th birthday. This is the card I made her. I love it.
I used pink cardstock to start with. Then I texturized some silver striped mateallic paper with a Sizzix texture plate. I then took a glitter gel pen and colored the stars, and I took a Copic glitter marker in pink and tapped the dotted swirls just to give them a glint of colot. All the stamped images are from a Rubber Soul set. I stamped the saying on the same pink cardstock as the card. The girl is stamped on white paper, then I colored her glass drink margarita green (seeing we were going out to a Mexican restaurant). I cut out the images and attached them. I did take the same glitter gel pen and outlined the upper edges of the glass to look like margarita salt.
I'm happy with this card. Hope my friend Melinda liked it (and the copper earrings I made for her too!).
Have a great Saturday all- I don't know what I'm going to do today yet, but hopefully it will be something fun with my family.
Have a great Saturday too!

No comments: