Tuesday, September 20, 2011

It is apple season in New Hampshire

So to celebrate I made this fun card using Paper Smooches stamps. I love apples and apple picking (hope to go this weekend). I love fall, even though it is kind of melancholy too. You know, summer is over, days are getting shorter, cooler temperatures are here, and you know winter is coming before we green up again. But the colors of fall are beautiful, and there's lots of fun holidays to celebrate and there's something that brings me back to being a kid...the smell of leaves being raked, baking again, comfort foods...I know it is still technically summer, but we're in transistion-an easier one than in March but still, summer won't let go and fall is fighting to get in there. Leaves here have a touch of color and the days are shrinking and there's a crisp chill in the air, chrysanthemums are out, even a few houses dressed for Halloween-already and it isn't even October 1 yet.
Enough for babbling.
I used blue cardstock (because the sky can be so blue in the fall) and stamped the branches and leaves directly on the card. I colored the branches and left the leaves uncolored. The apples were stamped on white paper, colored, cut out and attached. I also stamped the hellow on white paper, colored it and attached it. I also added a bit of Spica red and green sparkles. Then I stamped the sweetie word directly on the card.
I love the smile on these apples, they really crack me up!


Paper Smooches SPARKS

1 comment:

TRABAJO ARTESANO said...

Nice blog. :)

I invite you to my new blog.
http://trabajoartesano.blogspot.com