Sunday, October 9, 2011

Apple Picking

Another beautiful day on tap. My morning walk was fabulous. And it is Boating day! (Then the bad news for Dave, we need to pull the boat and take it home. Another boating season is over here in NH).
Yesterday was a great day. Got apple picking-finally-and it was such a perfect day to go out into an orchard and pick. Plus last night I made an apple pie-YUMMY! Decided it was too nice to work all day so I lounged on the screen porch in the sun and read my vampire/Anne Rice book. Took a nap too. But then as the afternoon shadows lengthened I came in and did a few cleaning chores...feels good to get them done and didn't take too long either. No studio time...but the weekend isn't over yet and actually, it was too nice to be inside.
These apples are BIG and so YUMMY!
And the picking was FANTASTIC!
And I'll share a card too. Simple, simple, simple, but it works.
I used sanded orange cardstock. I stamped the bat (Inkadinkado) directly onto the card. I did darken the bat with a black Sharpie and then used a clear sparkle Sakura gel pen on the swirls. The EEEK (Martha Stewart) is stamped right on the card and I added some black felt trim.
Et c'est voila.
Hope you are having a great weekend too.


No comments: