Monday, October 31, 2011

Happy Halloween

It's Halloween!
A day of ghosties and goblins and creepy creatures (and people) of all kinds.
I love Halloween. I don't like to be scared, but I do like trick or treaters and all the decorations. I like the feeling of being a bit apprehensive, but I don't like scary/gory movies or super scary/gory things. You know, chain saw killers and masks...but I do like jack-o-lanterns and black cats and spiders and bats and old cemetaries  and witches. So I guess I am a rated G Halloweener. 
EEEEEK!
So birthday weekend flew by but was fun. Yesterday I seemed to be cooking all day, and then cleaning up, but we had a nice birthday weekend breakfast and a great dinner and then cupcakes for Dave and key lime pie for Katie. But I guess everyone enjoyed their birthday which makes me happy to do it all for them.  Having the snowstorm Saturday night made a lot of extra work, shovelling, snow-blowing, driving Katie to work and then going out to get her...but the snow compacted and melted a bunch yesterday so HOPEFULLY it will all disappear by mid-week. Even though we have school there's still like 160 schools closed down since there's still over 200,000 people without power. BRRRR. Its in the 20's this morning. That means you could get frozen pipes and all that in OCTOBER! Its not even winter yet.
Now that is NOT scary!
So usually for Halloween I something holiday-ish to show you but instead I am going to show you so travel journal pages from the Outer Banks last summer. (I had all my Halloween cards for so many days this month too and  I started a quick little project Friday but the weekend got so busy I didn't get to finish it...quick or not. I
m hoping the spirit stays with me so I can finish it up and then pick up the Halloween stamp bin which is spread out across part of the studio floor.)  I do have snow and birthday pictures but I haven't unloaded them from my camera yet, I will one of these afternoons.
Here's a bright colored fun sign that I mounted on pink paper. I added orange dots and my own hand writing...the dot spots are just some shadow from the window light. On the white edge of the page I added some stamped arrows (Melissa Frances) which I colored and stamped in some sayings.

This is one of my favorite pages. I first used the broken flower stencil from Crafter's Workshop and yellow paint, and then I used the mosiac stencil also from CW woth ablue acrylic paint from Jenny Bowlin. I added the photo, some blue stamped starfish and the saying (both from MSE) and I added some little brownish pearls from Prima and a small tab, stamped with a star, that I die cut.
Here's a journaling page. I make my pages on watercolor paper and sometimes I cover them with paper, but here I left the page blank and first wrote and doodled and colored using black Sharpies and Copics. Then I took some pink Distress Stain and colored the white background but left some white patches to give it that handmake look.
So here's a pink horse page. On the Outer Banks are all these horse statues that are painted in various colors and designs, and here's a pink flying horse, and Dave....The background paper is  from an old book, though it is a pre-made paper (October Afternoon), I didn't make it. The stamps are from Green Pepper Press.
Hope you have spook-tacular day and thanks for visiting!

No comments: