Friday, October 21, 2011

Left Overs

I want to show you one of my Halloween cards. This one actually ended up being made from a bunch of pieces I had left from other cards. I started with a blue card and a bat paper die cut . I added some black ribbon into that cute little bow. And I punched out a piece of orange paper into a large circle and using some old Hampton Art stamps I stamped the circular words. Then I attached them and took a left over phrase from an embossed Halloween sheet (Tim Holtz/Sizzix), used black ink to darkened the letters. The pumpkin (Hero Arts) was stamped on orange paper and colored with Copics. The candy corn (Autumn Leaves) was stamped on white paper and colored. I actually made it for one of my other Halloween cards and had it left over.
Lastly, I outlined the bat paper die cut with black so it stands out a bit and added a few Viva dimensional paint dots.
That's it, and I like it considering I just used my left overs. Shows what you can do with a bit of this and a bit of that.
Happy Friday.

No comments: