Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Already, Hump Day

AND it is the first day of 2cd quarter at school. I like having first quarter behind me. Not that I am rushing life, but it is that start up quarter. Things seem to settle down a bit this quarter- maybe because everyone is so busy with all the holidays that fall between now and the end of January when this quarter ends.
So today is a busy day with 2 new classes, a walk with my third block of kids that are not new, going to get my tires after work and I feel like I am fighting a head cold....erggg. Hopefully that goes away ASAP.
And yesterday was gorgeous warm-up near 70, and since I got home earlier since we had exams and the kids left early, I went out and raked a bit. No sun in the sky, but getting some outside fresh air did me good. Plus I cleaned up some of the leaves- until the rest fall down and it will need to be done all over again!!!!
And today my 2 new ecology classes begin.
And also today, 2 cards I made last weekend with this pair of house stamps from Penny Black that I recently purchased (on my trip to my craft store last Friday) and that I think are great fun rubber stamps.
I like this card a lot. It is very different for me. The card is actually white (hard to tell in this photo-so much for indoor although natural looking lighting versus using sunlight). Then I took some paper I sprayed with Tattered Angels and Ranger/Adirondack inks. I cut that and stamped on the shadow evergreen trees (Impression Obsession) and I added but white dots with a white pen (for stars) and some Sakura glitter pen silver dots for stars too. Then I stamped the house on white, colored it with Copics, and cut it out before attaching it here. I did add a bit of Glossy Accents to the windows which you can't see at all here but it gives them a real window look. I used black and silver Spica markers to make the smoke coming out of the chimneys and I hand wrote in the saying around the bottom edges.
So here's the other house stamp and I went a bit daytime cheery here. I used blue cardstock and I doddles the clouds on white and then stamp some Spanish script from CHF on them. I cut them out and attached them, as well as the green paper I attached to be the grass. I stamped the house on white paper and used Copics to color it along with more Glossy Accents on the windows. I punched the cat with a mini paper punch and I free cut the heart and wrote in the saying. Finally I outlined the card with a white pen and I drew the flowers with the white and the stems/leaves with Spica and Copic markers. Then I added a dot of Viva yellow dimensional dot paint to each flower.
And that's all she's writing for today.
Bye-bye!

No comments: