Sunday, November 13, 2011

Flying





This weekends has gone faster than possible. How can I be home since Wednesday and have it already be Sunday?
So the cold is improving with time...I will be perfect by work tomorrow I am sure. Yesterday I had a GREAT day out shopping with my friend Vicky...I mentally needed a girls day out. Laughing, talking and spending just a tad bit of cash...went to the Crate and Barrel outlet and got a few little deals in their major markdown section. Today will be a quieter day I think, hanging home...maybe some studio time. I can't believe that last night I went to finish up my grades (since I was out Thursday when I was going to finish them) and my school bag empty... I left everything at work on Wednesday...so much for getting caught up this weekend. Means Monday I will have 1 more thing on my list to do, good thing everything is graded and it is just a matter of putting them up on the computer.
So my 3 journal pages from my OBX trip for today are above. Today theme is SIGNS, which I love to take photos of for some reason or another.
My top page - I used some fun ocean paper. I added the small photo of the welcome sign to Ocracoke and a cut out map from a brochure I had.  I outlined those and added the fun in the sun sticker to the sign. Then I used some chipboard black letters and stamped the word adventure (Technique Tuesday). Finally I added a pop-up fish sticker and some clear glass VIVA dimensional dots.
Page 2 is made on some textured sand colored paper. I added the brown houndstooth paper and the sign photo to that. The "stitches" are just little black Sharpie lines. I stamped the words (Autumn Leaves) and the horses (Stampinks). Then I added some rustic trim and some blank chipboard bingo dots. Fnnally, I added the big chipboard ring (Technique Tuesday) and I added a little note to that.
Lastly, this funny seagull sign I saw on the door of an office building-though not the best photo I've ever taken. I stamped the entire watercolor page with this seagull stamp I have (maybe PSX?) and then boarded the page with a strip of black cardstock. I added the photo, stamped the photo enclosed saying on top of the photo, wrote in my info below it and added a few epoxy dot stickers. Finally, it still needed something so I stamped the swirl boarder on white paper (Autumn Leaves), colored it and then cut it out and attached it.
That's my art for today. Hope it is a great day for you!

No comments: