Monday, November 28, 2011

I am exhausted

What a FUN weekend. But busy. And now it is ALREADY Monday morning and another work week awaits. And me not getting myself organized for the craft fair on top of it all so now I have that to do...but I am not going to turn it into a BIG deal in my head so that helps.
Monday.
Yesterday we cut down our Christmas tree in the warm fog (I think the warmest and foggiest cutting time ever) and put it up. It looks fantastic and I am glad it is up. Nothing else is up but that is ok. Everything is out of the attic and so it is just finding time to put things out...and I can do that as I go. We still have 4 weeks until Christmas. The tree is always the BIG item.
Will show you some photos once I load them onto the computer.
So this weekend I did squeeze in maybe an hour in the studio and started my Holiday 2011 Journal. No pictures for you yet though. I didn't knit at all-was hoping to finish the tam I am making- and I didn't open Great Expectations to read either.
Oh well...sometimes you want a low key weekend and you get a busy fun one instead...and I wouldn't trade it but I do wish I had a bit more down time.
Here's a few more summer Outer Banks journal pages.
I love this page. I started with the rain drop stencil from Crafter's Workshop which I traced and then I used some watercolor crayons to color them in. I doodled and colored the words and then I die cut the 3 leaves. Simple but effectives.
This page I started but using a Crafter's Workshop stencil and some aqua ink to lightly add some design to the watercolor paper. Then I used aquamarine Archival Ink and a Dylusions stamp to make the dots. Finally I used a Copic to color in some of the diamond-ish designs that were part of the C W stencil. I added the photo, which I outlined with black Sharpie, stamped the saying (also Dylusions), jotted down a few notes, glued down the blue waxed thread and added the die cut banner and the punched out red heart.

Lastly, this page was to celebrate the sumemr weather. I used a dotty CW template to stencil the orange dots (used Memories orange ink) and I used a strip of blue paper and doodled the ornage scaloops on its edges. Then I added the photo an stamped the word. I die cut the heart in white, stamped the flowers in aquamarine ink (Impression Obsession backgrounder) and then colored the heart with the orange ink. Then I used orange vellum and a Sizzix old fashion flower die to die cut the orange flower and used a fuzzy blue brad in the middle.
So I hope everyone's weekend was as fun as mine and that you are all ready to start up a new week today.
And think...it's a month to Christmas.
Happy Day!

No comments: