Tuesday, November 1, 2011

November!!!!

OK, October gets the award for being the fastest month this year. Even faster than July and August, and they're really fast. And now it is November, and I am really ok with that. (With 1 caveat- no snow this month, please!!!)
Here's an appropriate card for the day, since it is All Souls or Saints Day here  and in Mexico it is Day of the Dead. We don't do anything about it being All Souls Day, but I hear in Mexico Day of the Dead is quite the celebration. Someday I shall get to go to Mexico and see what it is all about, as it sounds wonderfully ethnic and cool.
I made this card on salmon colored cardstock. I stamped the image (it is one great big wonderful stamp by ). I colored using Copics and then distresed the page with some yellow and red ink. I attached it to the card and outlined with black Sharpie. Then using a Martha Stewart graveyard punch I punched out some black paper which I attached and trimmed on the bottom of the card, added some white flower ribbon and stamped the saying (Postmodern Design).
So I figured I'd give you a bit of a peek of our lovely Northeast Weather this past weekend...loaded my photos onto the computer...
Here's the snow coming down on Saturday night.

Sunday morning...

Snapped this from inside my window. The tree is kind of pretty in the snow, I do love the shape of this tree.

And you can see the leaves still on the trees here.

One more snow view first thing Sunday morning.
It is a historic record snow...I guess that's cool in a off beat kind of way, and hopefully people are getting power back...it is kind of slow going for some people.
Anyhow, that's my post for today. Have a good one.

No comments: