Thursday, December 29, 2011

A Few New Journal Pages

Can't just stick to the old, here's a few new journal pages to show you.
This page (did I show you this?) was quite simple of some silly Yankee Swap gifts. I took white watercolor paper and stamp the words (ho-ho-ho) from Hero Arts all over it. Then I added this red striped paper and some black polka dot paper tape (Smash Book supplies) to kind of look like a santa outfit-in a rough way. The words were doodled, colored and then I brushed some red Stickles on them. The 3 word circles are Hero Arts stamps stamped in red and then punched out. I also added an October Afternoon santa face pin.
This is another page from that same Christmas party. I used some red poinsettia paper and took some white paper, candy cane embossed it and then used red ink to make it really look like a candy cane. The words were typed on my computer with a font from an OLD set of fonts (like 12 years old maybe) from a font CD. I cut them out, colroed in the holly and then inked the white paper green.  The reindeer is from a new Hero Arts set/it stamps and cuts-see Sizzix items. I stamped him on brown paper and then colored in the sweater, etc. I used some 7Gypsies paper tape and then punched out some red circles and some silver circles-attached and stamped the words (Hero Arts) in one of the circles and added the number/date using some October Afternoon stickers.
Green paper on my watercolor background, some EK Success border stickers, a Technique Tuesday/Allie Edwards stamp on the top and the 11 is from Autumn Leaves and then colored in red. I added the photo and the Santa sticker (October Afternoon) and I stamped the words (7Gypsies) and made the little thought bubble. The Sunday is an older Technique Tuesday stamp.
Finally, wanted to show this mini-series Dave and I watched which I enjoyed. I used some older paper from a DCWV paper pack. I added the photo of the mini-series and doodled with white pen around it. I also used white pen to write in my description and to outline the edge of the page. I used a Tim Holtz/Sizzix die to cut the banner which I folded and attached and then took I white plastic crown from my stash-but first I colored the crown with gold Viva paint rub.  Finally, I put in same Staples white reinforcers in each corner. Oh yeah, and before all of this, I used a Paper Smooches Tune In stamp along one side of the page in white ink.
Thanks for checking out my pages!

No comments: