Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Holiday Scrap Journal

 It is not really a scrapbook...but not just a journal. Or maybe it is...depends on how you look at it. A take on Ali Edwards December Daily...mine is more of a journal from Thanksgiving until New Years...since it's a festive busy time of year. I've done this type of journal a few years ago, so I figured it was time to do another one. Here's a few pages from so far this year.
I wanted the title page to be festive and Christmasy, since most of this journal is dedicated to the Christmas season. So I went with some red striped paper, a green circle (I cut it with Martha Stewart's circle cutter-what a great tool-especially when you get it with a coupon at Michael's), the clock frame die-cut (Sizzix, Tim Holtz), some holiday ribbon and a bought sparklely die cut from a set from KC and Company which I got on mark down last year. I stamped 2 images- the top stamp is from Cat's Life Press and the word list is from Technique Tuesday-Ali Edwards. I also used some chipboard number stickers and some sparklely snowflake stickers I have had for longer than I can remember.
So for Black Friday I had to use black paper. I also ran off alot of the logos from where we shopped, and the only other items I used was a Sharpie, white pen and an IO stamp-the Go for It.
So here it was the morning before Thanksgiving. I snapped these photos while the hubby was driving me to work. I mounted them on some ancient snowflake paper I had in my stash. I doodled in the writing, stamped the turkey (Hero Arts) on white paper and then colored it with Copics and cut it out. The Gobble/Gobble was stamped with a Hero Arts stamp also. Finally I added some chipboard bingo dots.
Lastly, I had to make a page with this great green reindeer tape. It's packing/shipping tape that I got at Staples for $2 a roll. I just layered the watercolor page with it. Then I added some red paper tape and some green printed paper tape.  I die cut the reindeer (Tim Holtz/Sizzix) and left it white since all the reindeer on the tape were also white. I die cut the green circle and the number one and the word December- all these were various Sizzix dies. I added a bit of red Stickles and stamped the saying (Hero Arts).  Anyhow, it makes a fun page.
I'll be back with some other pages another day...it is HUMP day and hope your week is going as fst as mine-but maybe you're a little less straight out busy than me...I am a little too busy again. But it does make the week fly.
Thanks for visiting.

No comments: