Wednesday, December 21, 2011

More Holiday Journal Pages to celebrate the up coming holiday

Another day closer to Christmas.
Wow...the holiday is creeping up, and it is time to get into the holiday spirit-the holly jolly mood.
There is a bit of hope too...maybe the roads will be bad enough Friday morning and I can get the day off!!!! That's what I really want right now, a snow day so I can have some play time...I am definately too worried about getting ready for the holiday. I need to get past that because the holiday is going to happen whether I am all prepared or not. And it doesn't matter if I do all those things they say you're suppose to do.
Right?
Funny it feels better just to say that.
I am writing this Tuesday night-totally unproductive since I spent until after 6 at the VW garage- hence the stress- and Katie and I are watching Bridesmaids, which is just as good time 2 as time 1. That is cheering me up! Dave is driving home from a meeting and when he called he was far away in Vermont-and tomorrow is Wednesday and I left sub plans because I want to stay home but I really shouldn't and I tell myself I can make it just a few more days. But it felt good to write the plans.
So here's some holiday journal pages.
I love this October Afternoon paper from their Holiday Style collection. I love this design and couldn't cover it over with a photo. And I wanted to show how the museum is half in Boston and half in Cambridge so I just cut out the words from the not so great photo anyhow...and I added the stickers to show the day, plus I put little dots of Viva Paint Pen in silver.
My bread baking adventure-and it was yummy. I used an old book page and some diagonal striped paper under my photo, as well as a scrap of flowered paper. And I used a big flower sticker from October Afternoon and the phrase sticker also from OA. I stamped the cute little birdie-(Hero Arts) and colored him with Copics and I stamped the hanging heart 5 times (Stampotique) and colored them and then I die cut the bookplate (Sizzix/Tim Holtz) and used some distress stain to darken it and to color the inside. The I doodled in the word and I used some tiny little Making Memories brads too.
So here's some green paper that I used a Crafter's Workshop stencil and some red ink on. Then I added a bunch of strips of 7Gypsies paper tape and I used a new embossing folder from Couture Creations and cut out the clock-on this brownish paper which I then brushed red ink on. The shopping flash card is from October Afternoon and so is the shopping days left sticker-I added the number 7 and the number 17 stickers. I made thr ound little tags 2 ways. Some of them I stamped with a Hero Arts found holiday tag stamp and punched a little hole and added the yarn string. I also used some Cavallini round stickers in the center of these tags. I made the Santa tags too, punching out a circle, outlining it in red and green marker and added a little Cavallini Santa face.

And finally, here's my Yankee Swap page. I started using the Hero Arts Ho!Ho!Ho! stamp and stamping it all over the page. Then I added the little red striped paper and the black paper tape (kind of to get a Santa suit feel). Then I added the 2 photos and the journalling. I outlined the title letters, colored them in with red Copic marker but then used red Stickles over them. I added the Santa metal pin top from October Afternoon and I stamped the words (Hero Arts Holiday Circles) and punched them out and attached them. Oh yeah- and I added a little chipboard  "&" sticker.
So now I am posting this on Wednesday a.m. and hopefully I and you will all have a great day.
Merry Wednesday-the 21st-
winter is arriving in just a few hours too!
OMG!

No comments: