Saturday, March 31, 2012

Aloha

My internet is BACK and I can surf online at home! The box arrived yesterday!!!!!! I am very excited to be back on the grid.
So is Leo. This is him last week enjoying the warmth of the sun.
Not like the wind this week.
It's the end of March and I expect more of these warm days, eventually.
Tomorrow we move into April and even though it can be on the chilly side (or even snowy), we can get some beautiful days! I hoping for more of the beautiful days than the chilly (or even snowy) days.
I don't think I've shown you this card I made awhile back ( and if I have, you can see it again since it's a fun little bit of paper crafting). It seemed appropriate for the title of this post.
I started with some hot pink card stock by American Crafts. Then I used a Tattered Angels palm tree stamp which I love because of its size. I stamped it twice to get the 2 tone affect. I added some craft paper which I tore because I wanted it to look like sand. Then I stamped Hula Moose Riley (Riley the Moose stamps) .  I colored him with Copics and then I took some white fringe and used some Distress Stain to turn it green for the grass skirt.
I doubled up the antlers to make them pop a bit.
I also added some orange and cream colored Viva Paint Pen dots  and I stamped the word Aloha (Stampa Rosa).
So I am excited my friend Vicky is home from New Mexico where she spends the winter. I am going over this afternoon to see her. It will be great to see her. Otherwise I need to do a bit of cleaning, relaxing and some studio time.
And since aloha means hello and goodbye, I will bid you
"Aloha".
Thanks for stopping by.




No comments: