Thursday, May 3, 2012

Pink Cards for Thursday

Some PINK cards today!!!
Nice and bright for an overcast day.
Not my usual color choice but here you go, I made 3 recently using a lot of that color.
Here's my card for this week's Blogger's Challenge. Very mom-ish. In fact, I will be giving it to my mom for Mother's Day.
First this pretty one using some images from Paper Smooches that are from one of April's new sets-Pretty Momma. The background is an Impression Obsession cover a card stamp and the frame from is a Sizzix die cut. 
I stamped the cameo directly onto the card but the roses (I love these roses) are embossed and colored and then cut out and added. I also used a bit of light brown mango colored ink to lightly distress the inner frame area because I wanted t make the face area pop out a bit-and not fade into the rest of background quite so much.
And sticking with the color pink, here's a baby card I made for a shower my daughter was going to. I used pink and white card stock. The white I punched this doily border and then lightly rubbed some blue ink. I drew in the clothesline and clothespins. The baby wear is also by Kim Hughes, back before Paper Smooches when she designed for Cornish Heritage Farms. And the saying from Paper Smooches.
And finally, how about this white card with lots of pink on it. The center is pink paper with the word happy stamped on it in pink. The heart is Unity stamp. Then I used a Sizzix die, one of my favorite flowers, to make the pink flowers. I used a velvety brad for the center and some velvet leaves. And some pearl white Viva Paint Pen dots.



3 comments:

Basement Stamper said...

great cards, i love the color of the flowers on the first one.

Stampin in the suburbs said...

Love the pink.

Lisa Somerville said...

Wonderful cards - love the vibrant color to your blossoms!