Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Scrappy Tuesday

Thought I'd show you some scrap-journal pages I started from our February trip. If you don't remember or know we went to southern Arizona for 5 days-someplace warmer and not so snowy as New Hampshire where we live. Thank goodness we went too- since we only had 2 big snowstorms this past year -one over Halloween weekend and then the other one while we were gone-on March 1st- and we didn't have to be home to deal with it! I loved that!
So here's an info page I made. A piece of Kaiser Craft paper on white watercolor is what I journaled on. Then I added a black striped sticker (is an airmail envelope design) that I colored in yellow. Then I die cut the street sign, sprayed it with some Dylusions Ink and journaled on that too. Finally, add some chipboard letters and this great little lizard I stamped, colored and cut out. He's from Earth Art International.

Here's another Biosphere page. I started by tracing  the raindrops from a Crafter's Workshop template. Then I used some liquid metallic acrylics to paint the drops. Here's a cool close-up, since I loved how they came out.
Anyhow to explain it all, Biosphere 2 is a place they are studying the water cycle-the rain-in the desert-the cacti- a place that is bright and sunny-the sun- lots of the year-in fact they say this part of Arizona is the sunniest place in the US. Or one of!
Here's a way a collage of some photos from Biosphere using Photoshop.
This is a great way to show off a bunch of photos-especially ones that aren't bad photos but aren't your most exciting photos either.
And for our flight out there-I used this fun K and Company sheet of paper with the plane, and a small bit of journaling and then I added some luggage tags. Enough to tell a small piece of the story.
That's what a scrap-journal of scrapbook should do.

So remember these old metal letter from Making Memories? I used a bunch to spell out Tucson. And punched out arrows , some die cut swirls. Kind of like how this page came out. Not the most exciting photo I took on the trip, but tells a good piece of the story.
Anyhow, that's a lot for today. Stay dry is you're here in the POURING rain of New England. Have a fabulous Tuesday!!!!






No comments: