Saturday, June 9, 2012

Saturday Has Arrived

A tile picture Mary at a Spanish Mission in southern Arizona.  I love the colors on this wall image.
So I scrapped it so that the picture was brighter than the background, so it would pop off the page.
I also got to use a German gold scrap shrine image that I had forever. 
AND
I also used (for the first time) the new Sizzix/Tim Holtz flower strip die that I recently bought and I must say, I love it. Didn't think I really needed another flower die but this one makes cool little cuts and they have the hole punched in the middle already-so I just added a brad after cutting, distressing and layering these little beauties.


And beneath this cool tile design were these trays of candles. You can't see the details on my page very well in this big photo, but here's some close -ups.
I used the left over paper from the die-cut butterflies to make a stencil (though they are hard to see because they are very light in this photo) and then I added some Viva clear glass effects paint pen dots (boy-that is a lot of words).



Here's the final page from this area of the mission-a cool little portico area-you can see the stands for all the candles. 
I created this cool little icon image at the bottom with stamps and 2 Milagros and a charm.

I used water colors, Copics and a gold pen to color this great image. You can see to the left too where I used a 7Gypsies chain rub on too.

So Saturday is here! My busy work week is over! And
 they say today the chances of rain are pretty slim.
I am off to work at the lake-which hopefully won't be too busy so I can a take a moment or two and enjoy the scenery of the mountains and the ripples on the water a bit.
I need a little nature zen at the moment.
And graduation was a success at school last night-
I love going- it is like putting the bow on the wrapped present- the pomp and frill after 4 years of hard work.
Anyhow- before I write anymore bad similes...
Happy Weekend!

No comments: