Wednesday, September 26, 2012

More Cards for Katie

Besides cleaning the studio this past weekend I also made some cards to send to Katie at school.
Here's one of them.
I started with brown card stock, a Crafter's Workshop stencil and some off white acrylic paint.  Once dry, I die cut the plaid center using October Afternoon Witch Hazel paper and a Spellbinder's die. Then I used a Quickutz/Life Styles craft border die. I cut this in white and used some Distress Stain to give it an old and stained look. I stamped and embossed the frog (Club Scrap), cut it out and then attached it. I colored it and added some Viva Paint pen to make the orange dots and the eyeballs. Finally I added the saying (Technique Tuesday). I love that saying too!
I think it has kind of an ethnic look in a weird way.
How about another card?

This card couldn't be any more different.
It is plain and simple.
No crazy art techniques other than coloring,
Bright and summery.
(Its just me mourning the end of the long warm days.)
The image stamp is from Cornish Heritage Farms.
Can't remember who made the saying stamp but I do know it came with a girl in a bathing suit lounging on a beach.
I colored the top with both Copics and watercolor paints and I cut out parts-like the dog ear and color and the lady's hat to give I a bit of dimension. Though you can't see that here.
So it is already Wednesday, but yawn, I am in a sleeping mode this week. Think my body is battling a head cold that wants to over take me...
but I have been busy playing on my Halloween book so starting next week,
I try to put up some photos.
Thanks for stopping by!




No comments: