Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Altered Book Art

So I could joke and say, this is the all Halloween blog, for 31 days this month.
That won't be the case- since there is so many other things to show, but today I have another bunch of holiday art photos to show you.
These are some of the pages I have done in my Halloween altered book-the Witches Ball.
Here's a spread.
I showed you the cat one day just a bit back. But now the cat has a black velvety witch hat.
You can see I used the same Witches Brew stamp from Stamp Francisco as I used yesterday on the card, only today it is on this tombstone I die cut.
Let me show you some close ups.

So here is the window part of this page. I die cut the window and then tore the edges a bit to make it look older. Then I distressed stained it and when I added it I used some Glossy Crackle Accents. You know, make it old looking. I added the the die cut spider web above the glossy accents.  I added some black Viva Paint pen in a long drippy smear. 
You might also notice the background for this page is bricks with black dots.
I made that by using a deli wrap and 2 different Crafter's Workshop stencils. I then used acrylic paint to make the images.
The spider is a plastic one that was on one of this kiddie rings, I just cut off the ring part. I used the pink and painetd the little flower top black.
Here's the cat again. You can see the fence I punched with a Martha Stewart punch and the ticket I added-from the newest release from October Afternoon.
Here's the tombstone and the saying again. The page it is attached to is actually the back of a gift bag from Martha Stewart. I had bought a bag of these at Michael's a few years back and every Halloween I manage to use a couple. They work great as pockets and inserts in altered books.
So we are at hump day...
Our re-accreditation winds up today, and tomorrow is the last day this week with kids...
plus we're doing state testing of the juniors...
What a week!
But I am going to teach my first ever altered book class. At school-on Friday, to a bunch of teachers. It will be a good chance for me to see how well I can coordinate a class that isn't in my every day realm. Not biology.  We have a in service workday and since this week has been crazy busy, our principal is letting some of us teach our "hobbies", as long, of course, that there is a classroom connection. 
And altered books are a good classroom activity.
We'll see how this goes.
Enjoy Wednesday and
Thanks for stopping by. 




No comments: