Thursday, February 14, 2013

Happy Valentine's Day

It is a day of love. I'll be honest, not a big Valentine's Day person. I love love. I love to use hearts, but I am thinking this is more of a greeting card campaign to sell things. Or florist or candy maker, but what ever, it is a day of LOVE.

This top photo is the finished card; the one below is the semi-finished card.
I started with a white card base. I stamped the word image (Technique Tuesday) and glues that down. Then I added the die cut hanging hearts, added some Viva paint pen on the hearts and then added the Stickles. I forgot to mention, I also sprayed the card with some red Dylusions. Then I added some little red ribbons on the die cuts.
Finally, I added the earth-a Postmodern stamped image which I colored and cut out and added. I also added one to the back so that when you open the card you don't get that big white circle with all the ink blobs that leaked through staring at you.
Looking at the 2 images side by side, I think added the Stickles and the earth really finished off the card.
Here's another card I made with this icky colored background. I drew the circles and added the pink paint and then doodled in the hearts.
Then I layered the paper tape and finally added this die cut from Tim Holtz.
I colored the wording red and then added some red sparkle embossing powder to finish off the card-make those words stand out.
And one more love themed card.
This one has a slightly different take- but still talks about love. The mittens and saying are from Unity's stamp of the week series. The design at the bottom of the card is from Technique Tuesday. But before anything else went on the card I embossed in silver glitter the snowflakes in the background using an older Hero Arts background image.
I also put some Viva paint pen on the mittens to make them pop up a big and look a little more real mitten fuzzy. Mittens should be warm and fuzzy I think.
I like the fact that this card does not have any hearts on it but is still full of love!
Since I have over loaded you with these cards, I will sign off.
Wishing you lots of love in any way, shape or form.
Happy Valentine's Day!





No comments: