Monday, March 25, 2013

Art Journaling

Here's a view of a 2 page spread from my art journal.
I started by painting lots of stripes and then spraying some Dylusions bubblegum pink ink and a Crafter's Workshop stencil. Then I took some orange acrylic paint and a Prima stencil with these big fun flowers.
Here's more of the left side of the spread. I also stamped this fun little saying. You can see the first layer of stenciling really clearly on the top and even the flowers I stenciled with the orange paint really pop here.
I die cut this Tim Holtz Sizzix bell jar. The top I outlined with black Sharpie since I used some acrylic packaging to the make the glass bell, which doesn't really show up in this photo.
And there's those butterflies again. Both die cut (Cheery Lynn Designs) and stamped ones.
Then I added some bunnies and decided to call this page spring.


Can you believe that it is the LAST week of March? What a month this has been. Lots of cold and snow and really not spring like at all. I am ready for April.  Looks like this week we won't have a snow day and any big snowfalls though, which is good news.
Let's hope the weathermen and ladies are actually right about that too!
Thanks for visiting.
Happy Monday!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, what a bright, popping page this is. Really like those warm colours as well as your lovely saying. I hope spring comes soon for you!