Thursday, July 4, 2013

Independence Day

Happy July  4th everyone!
And if you're celebrating Independence Day today-
happy holiday!
This is a pre-post since I am going to be busy with my husband's family all day- having a cookout, hopefully seeing some sun and swimming in the lake. Maybe even fireworks to celebrate tonight.
What are you up to?
So to celebrate, I have some cards I made with a red, white and blue theme.
Patriotic!
So since tomorrow is July 4th, I made a few cards to celebrate my patriotic spirit.
I love this stamped image of  children from Stampotique. 

And this one is a bit more whimsical- I used a stars and stripe image from Joanne Sharp and Art Gone Wild but did some cutting of the image. It might need a saying to finish it off- but I like it just the way it came out-saying or not. 
I love how my background came out. I used a background stamp from Impression Obsession. I stamped on white, sprayed the card with Dylusions in blue and red, and then after adding the Paper Smooches eagle and banner, I used some white Distress Paint to smudge up the edge- which I think helps finish off this card.

So I have been watching this series lately.
Have you seen any of it? It is amazing. I started with the one on deserts since will be heading in that direction in just 2 weeks.
(Wow that time went fast since buying the plane tickets back in March)
But I have moved on- the photography is amazing!
If you haven't seen this series I highly recommend you take a peek.
And lastly,
I am taking a new on line class.

Starts today.
Here's the link on the video describing the class.
https://vimeo.com/68103773

(Wanted to put the video on this blog but since I am a video novice-had no luck. Just click and you can  watch this, just to see the color if nothing else. Can't wait to play! But for me it will have to wait until tomorrow!)

See you again soon.

No comments: