Monday, September 30, 2013

Oh No, Its Monday!

This weekend blew by just too fast! Maybe because it was so beautiful in the weather department. Most likely it was just 2 days. I'm so badly needing a day to myself right now, to stay home and play in the studio. Right now, am loving the kids at school but am really feeling like there is something more calling me.
Like art play!
Well, that's how life is isn't it?
The other side of the road always looks like the grass is greener.
So, now that I have had my Monday say, let me show you some recent creative endeavors.
The background on this journal page started with lots of stencils (like you can see on the right) that were wiped on between the pages.  Love how this sets some great colored background in a very unplanned style.
Here's how it all started.
My images are all stamped imaged (Chocolate Baroque) using brown and green ink.  I did take a Sharpie afterwards and darken the inks - but I love how these are silhouette images so I can do that without much effort. Finally I sprayed some yellow Dylusions to tie the page together.
Super simple, but what a great way to get the creative juices rolling so I can move onto bigger and better things.
Like my Halloween altered book.
Having SO much fun playing with all my stamps and die and paints in all those fall spooky colors.
Here's a couple of little peeks.

More to show you down the road.
Thanks for stopping by.



3 comments:

Candy C said...

Erika...I am just getting into art journaling. Your pages really caught my eye. They are so pretty! I love your sentiment and how you've carried the characters across from one page to the other. The backgrounds on both pages are beautiful, too. Thanks so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. <3 Candy

Mona Pendleton said...

Such beautiful journal pages Erika! Love your mix of colors and patterns! Perfect sentiment! Thanks for joining along with the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

Anonymous said...

What a great idea for a Halloween journal. I can see lots of possibilities. And the texture of your pages is great.