Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Useless Night

Don't know if was the time change, the cold temperatures, the new quarter at school, but last night I was useless.
A long nap, the tv, wanting to go to bed at about 7.
Oh no, I have slipped into hibernation mode.
And I wait all day to go play in the studio and then I got home and
didn't care whether I went in or not.
Watched some more of Game of Thrones though.
Is there such thing as a wasted night?
A couple of cards I made the other day-
neither ended up being very quick makes.
This kitty card has an oval cut out in the front so you get a little sneak peek of the inside.
I decorated it up with some doodling, dots, a die cut (cat from Frantic Stamper) and this little strip of scrap paper.
This was the inside-
which I fixed up the cup.
Stamped image is from Magenta.

You can see I changed up the cup  a bit.
Then I decided I didn't like the plain background.
A little dark.
So I did this.
Can you tell?
I painted the background lighter orange- makes it all pop more I think!
The hello is also a die cut.
And then I made this card-
The owl is a Cottage Cutz die cut made on plain black paper which I then glued down onto a white oval die cut. Then all that went down onto this rosy colored scalloped oval die cut. I colored in the owl with some Copics and I think he looks awful fun.
Finally I stamped the hoots-using this older Hero Arts alphabet set.
The letters for the word Hello are the inserts from the hello I used in the top card.
That's what I have for today.
Not too exciting but just me playing.
Playing is always a good thing I think.
Hope you get a lot of play in your day!

1 comment:

Peanut said...

I love your kitty card...I adore cats. Thanks for stopping by my blog, Erika.
xxx Asha - Sunny Summer Crafts