Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Holiday Journal

Got to start working in my holiday journal.  SO exciting to start a new project, and be able to journal and scrap and play for the holidays.
I actually ended up starting on the Tuesday before Thanksgiving- and wanted to keep my page a bit more fall-ish than holiday-ish.

Love these little turkeys. Used my Scan and Cut to cut them- I have a Quickutz turkey die that's kind of big but I used one of those as a pattern and cut a bunch of little turkeys. I found this Thanksgiving paper in the bottom of my stash and figured I might as well use it to cut out these little gobblers.
I used the negative scraps of the one big turkey I cut as a stencil and drew and painted this turkey. Then I added a small die cut in from of him. You can see him better on the bottom on my base page, and then I added some of these long paper style tags which I ended up adding some journaling to.
I also added this little flower from some scraps sitting on my work table.

You can see here that I have folded pages.  Look on the left of the turkeys-see how white that page is.  I made a lot of my book pages by folding them in various manners, so this book will be on you open and they'll be lifts and opens and all kinds of places to explore.  Hoping to try something a little new and interesting, and see if its a style I want to use again. Always pros and cons to every style-
some are much more fun and artistically  freeing than others.
Are you keeping a journal or a December daily?
That's it for today. 
I'm glad you stopped by and took a peak of my work.
Hope you stop by again soon.


No comments: