Friday, December 6, 2013

Making Merry in My Journal

Hey, just because it's the holiday season and I happen to be a fool for making holiday things that I can't just carry that over into my journal, right?
That I did. 
And I made this fun page.
I started but spraying and spraying and finally using this Heidi Swapp sun beam stencil and lots of red ink over the background. Then I used one of Tim Holtz's new stacking stencils (with holly) and add the green leaves and I used a Dylusions border stamps to make the holly all around the edges of the page. I colored those in with a Copic Marker. Then I added the photo (Retro Christmas by Tweety Jill), the Dear Santa image (Technique Tuesday), the Dylusions Christmas saying and finally the holly jolly phase from Impression Obsession.
I used the same Tim Holtz holly stencil on this page. And I added the October Afternoon gingerbread men stickers from my stash. Also I stamped another Dylusions Christmas saying and this OLD Wordsworth saying stamp I've had forever. You can just make out the little poinsettias I stamped in each corner of the page.
This page isn't quite finished yet, I think.  I stenciled the bright tree (Stencil Girl) and then used a wet baby wipe to wiped off the stencil itself and leave an image on the page for all the partial shadow trees.
I gave the page a spray with some white ink then, and after it dried I outlined the parts of my main tree and then used a Copic to color in my tree- then I added some red dots and some white circles.
Saying is from the same Impression Obsession clear stamps I used on the top page.
Not really sure what I want to do next with this page, but that's where I am. Maybe it will end up being finished just as it is, we'll see.
So that's my art today.
I'm excited its Friday. How about you?
Ready for the weekend- hope we get our Christmas tree put up. 
I also made the pieces  for a gingerbread house the day before Thanksgiving and I wouldn't mind putting my house together.
Last year on Groupon I bought a set of silicon house molds and it makes  the pieces for a gingerbread house so easily. No making a pattern and cutting them out and chilling your dough, all those things. Just make the dough and press it into the molds, bake and then pop out the pieces.

Oh but we shall see.
Do you have any fun plans?
I'd love to hear them if you do.
Thanks for visiting.



2 comments:

Nancy B said...

What fun! I love all of your Holiday art.

Melita said...

These are all wonderful! I especially love the first page, the sunburst looks fab!