Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Paris

This card was me challenging myself to try something different.
It started as a Valentine's background; you can just make out the light heart outlines?
I used a die cut tag, the die cut Eiffel Tower, I made the flower, cut the leaves, cut the swirl. The Eiffel Tower is from a Tim Holtz Sizzix die and I painted it with silver and brown colors. Then to get the iron work look, I scribbled over it in black, and finally I coated the whole thing with some Glossy Accent to give it some dimension.
I made the leaves by first stamping some white paper with a Paris map, and then die cutting and spraying the leaves.
The flower is painted and distressed. I used a blank bottle cap for the center and put some silver Viva Paint pen dots inside.
Finally the Paris words across the top is from an older Hero Arts set.
Like this card, but I always wonder how to actually mail these big dimensional pieces.
I guess in a big envelope with extra postage.
Not that that is bad, but its just me being a practical Yankee.
Do people actually mail their big beauties?

So yesterday while I waited for my car to not pass inspection (broken spring-back to the garage on Thursday), I finished reading this book.
At first I didn't know if I liked it or not, but then as I kept reading, I got hooked. It was a fairly easy read, but had me in tears at the end. Lessons in opening your my heart, as the cover says, I guess.
Mr. Owita sounds likes a lovely man. The author was lucky to know him and it did make me think if I have any Mr. Owita's in my life. People who teach you something bigger than what they profess to teach you.  I think I need one, even if its not as gardening teacher.
This book is nonfiction, just in case you were curious.  I don't want to say too too much incase you end up reading it. No spoilers in this review. Actually, not much meat at all in this review.
But I do recommend it.
So we LUCKED out and the BIG Blizzard stayed 75 miles offshore!!! Hardly any snow for us today. Maybe just a dusting. Hurray!
Thanks for stopping by.
Hope there's spring weather on your horizon.



No comments: