Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Weekend Photos-Providence

The past weekend was a blast. Hockey didn't go the way we hoped, but the rest of the weekend was a good time.
I'd been to Providence, Rhode Island before, but I don't know the city at all.
Every visit to a place provides new views and new perspectives.
We had dinner at the brew pub with this cool painting. Can you see all the faces well enough to see who these musicians are?
I discovered some interesting spots in Providence. They included Federal Hill and parts of downtown. I think I'd like to go back and do some more exploring.
We didn't have tons of time to explore...we didn't get there until Saturday afternoon and we left Sunday morning after having difficulty finding a place for breakfast. There were plenty of places to eat- but the lines were crazy long. 1 1/2 hours for breakfast? 
They were lucky not to have any snow on the ground too.
And some great brewpubs and beer too!
I needed this BIG one after game.  I was pretty bummed out.

Funny how a place can only be a few hours away and yet feel like a long way from home. And how you can hardly know a place even though you've been there several times in the past.
Thanks for visiting.





No comments: