Monday, May 5, 2014

Creation of a Card

Back to work today. Vacation is over.
I'm holding back the tears- 
ha-ha.
I'm OK going back to work, even though its going to be a long haul until LATE June when school finally gets out for the summer.
But with the nice weather and the long days it doesn't seem so burdensome.
Next vacation is summer vacation-
with all kinds of adventures plus lots of time home to play some more.
And today is cinco de mayo.
OLE.

Anyhow, this post is called Creation of a Card so let me show you that creation.
I won this block stamp on eBay. It is a rubber stamp actually, but image is like one of those old fabric block prints.
I stamped and then embossed the image 9 times.
It makes a great background, almost like a piece of fabric.
I used some SILKS paints to color in the images.
I  like how the colors pop and it looks similar to a pretty piece of Indian fabric.
Then I die cut the a background piece and stamped the ebb and flow saying. This image is from the now defunct Postmodern Design stamp company.
Then I added the peacock feather and dragonflies. They are embossed images from this awesome set by Chocolate Baroque
Doodle Birds Unmounted Rubber Stamp Sheet - A5
called Doodle Birds.
I also used some SILKS paints to color this part of the card.
Have you tried these paints?
They have this semi-gloss slightly sparkly sheen. The first coat goes on fairly transparent. Then if you want opaque, just add another coat. And the colors are rich.
They are made by Luminarte, the same people who give you Twinkling H2O's.
Been loving these little jars of color magic lately.
Anything special you've been loving in the supply world lately?
So thanks for stopping by
and I hope you get to have a taco or burrito or even a great big margarita on this cinco de mayo.
Adios.

No comments: