Monday, May 26, 2014

Summer

I can't believe it is already Memorial Day.
Spring took forever to get here and then it just slammed bammed popped into place- like over night.
Woe Nilly!
But here it is, the start of summer season. Less than 1 month left of school.
The marina has opened and boating season is here.
Getting closer to my summer travel.
Swimming season???? I have been in for my first dip many times over this weekend. Not this year though. We're having a slightly wet Memorial Day Weekend.
WOW!!!!!





(summer photos from my archive-all taken by me!)
Seeing I am such a goal oriented person and seeing I have been a list maniac lately (sorry if you find other people's list long,boring, unexciting, stupid, repetitive...)
thought I would think about what I want to accomplish this summer.
Wait a minute-
take that back.
Do I want to accomplish anything this summer?
Using that word accomplish sounds so much like work!!!
Let me say, here's what I hope to experience this summer while I am lounging away on the long sunny hot days with my daughter having by then moved out and my hubby at work and for the first time in over 22 years, me having a summer really to myself.
Much better.
1- I hope to sew. My sewing machine has been collecting dust and I have a new serger I have never even pulled out of the box for the last 6 months. Time to rekindle my fabric obsession.
2-OK, one little chore, get my studio into tip top shape.  The thing about this job is I love cleaning my studio. Going through my things, purging, reorganizing. (as long as I can then find those things!)
3-I have some furniture that is in the basement I want to pull out, refresh and find a place for in my house. Cheap redecorating! Now that the college girl is gone, time for a new environment to perk up the place-and me.
4- Watch a few sun rises and a lot of pretty sunsets. On the water maybe.
5-Pick flowers.
6-Become a better long term veggie gardener.(I always get excited to start, and then it flounders.)
7- Make jellies, jams, chutneys and relishes.
8-Catch up on a couple more seasons of the old soap Dark Shadows.
9-Have adventures. Spontaneous glorious moments of exploring.
10-Read! Finish up the pile of books on the floor by my bed.
11-Nurture me. Things I want to do. Things I love to do! Last summer was busy and I took a 3 credit grad course that took me to Costa Rica and an excellent adventure. Not that I want complete mellow this summer, but I want less someone else organizing my time.
12-Paint more.
13-Spend long lazy afternoons on my screen porch with a cold drink and a good book and a comfy nap place.
14-A road trip or 2 would be a lot of fun!
15-Hang out with family and friends.
16-Dream and contrive ways to make dreams come true.
17- Write the book that is in my head right now.
18-Hope to travel
19-Do nothing-watch the clouds or hummingbirds. Take advantage of having the summer to myself.
20-Be spontaneous. Do something I never think of doing or expected to do.  Or when something comes up, do it.

That's the beauty of summer. Its a great time to be light hearted and follow your heart, whereever it takes you.

Do you have any plans or goals this summer?
Thanks for visiting.


No comments: