Friday, July 4, 2014

Patriotic Fever

Happy Fourth of July everyone! And in case you aren't here in the US, today is Independence Day- or as we commonly call it, the 4th of July. The weather here in New Hampshire is at least going to start off kind of sketchy, not good for all the cookouts and fireworks and parades.
Hopefully things will brighten up; I will keep my fingers crossed, but since Hurricane/Tropical Storm Arthur is coming up the coast, its disrupting a lot of people's holiday.
My mother-in-law has a big get together at her house every year. She gets pretty stressed about it, poor Barbara, but it would kill her to miss it. Or have us all crammed into her house.
So last week my daughter had asked me to make her a 4th of July card to send to a friend, and then I got on a roll and made a couple more to send to her.
The images on the top card are from Technique Tuesday and Whimspirations/ Joanne Sharpe.  I did a lot of cutting apart of stamped images to make that card.

The center star image on this second card is an oldie from My Sentiments Exactly.Its one of those stamps I picked up used on eBay that I've held onto forever, and may not use all the time but is perfect for this holiday.  The eagle is from Paper Smooches and the firework is a Sizzix/Tim Holtz embossing folder.
I added the little red, white and blue lines off the left side because it needed something over there. I hope they look like streamers or patriotic flames or even firework flares...and not too stupid.

On this card I used mostly die cuts and kept it really clean, no distressing. Seems a little too clean in the photo for me, but I am not going to let my inner voice convince me it needs dirtying up. The stamped phrase is from Crafty Secrets. I had sprayed the stars with some sparkly mist, which you can just barely pick out in this photo.
So if you're here in the US, hope you have a great holiday weekend. And if you're not here in the US, 
hope you enjoy your day  and weekend too. Not sure if I'll have any posts this weekend or not. A friend is visiting from North Carolina and not sure how busy that will keep me.
Stop back again soon.

2 comments:

Giggles said...

Absolutely GORGEOUS cards....Love them all...really special!! Happy Fourth of July, enjoy your celebration!

Hugs Giggles

GlorV1 said...

Wonderful card for a special day. Happy 4th and happy PPF!