Friday, October 31, 2014

A Little Spooky-A Little Not

Happy Halloween!
Last of the Halloween play this year. This journal is finished. It was a lot of fun to make; you have to love being able to explore those parts of yourself that aren't normally out of your  closet, so to speak. Now I have a big mess to pack up and put away-all those Halloween stamps and dies and punches which will go in the back of my craft room closet until next season or whenever I get the calling to play with them again.
That's what happens when you only have a small work space to store all your craft things!
But at least I have a craft space!

So here's some photos of my latest painting- an owl in a snowstorm. A work in progress. Certainly not a spooky Halloween owl. I'm changing seasons and thinking winter with this piece. (Although they are saying we could have some snow tomorrow tonight-big sad face on me! Its too early for snow even here in New England.) 
 I have done a bit here and there to  this piece over the past week. If you remember from last week it was mostly just the snowflake background. Just a big mess.
Last weekend I added the outline of my owl.
Then I added some gelli printed deli wrap paper to the owl.  I think he now looks like an owl in his winter pajamas.
Ha-ha!
Now he's looking a little more owl-like.
But he still needs some  more work.
I also played a lot more with the trees on the left.
But there still some painting trails to follow before that piece is done (to my satisfaction that is). I'm not sure this still isn't just a big mess, but there are some things I really like about it. I have no training in painting at all and everything I try is just an experiment. Sometimes things look great, and sometimes I'll never try a technique again. But that's what makes it all so much fun to me!

And I was doing a little kitchen creativity this past week too.
It was way too candy laden to eat, but my hubby is a big fan of candy corn. So the other day for his birthday I made him a "candy" ear of corn cake. It was fun, and we had a good laugh. Felt good to step out my typical play form and try something a little bit different.

I'm linking this page to Paint Party Friday.  Thanks to Eva and Kristen for hosting this every week! Stop by and check out all the great art people are creating.

I'm off this weekend on a little overnight road trip. Hope to get some really relaxing downtime. Are you up to anything fun? Getting to be spooky today? Enjoy your Halloween and your weekend- and as always, thanks for visiting my blog.





5 comments:

Netty said...

smashing post. Happy PPF, Annette x

http://nettysartadventures.blogspot.co.uk/

Carol Rigby said...

Your owl is so cutw. Happy PPF!

Valerie-Jael said...

Love the spooky picture, and the owl is coming along nicely. That candy corn looks fantastic! Valerie

Linda Kunsman said...

your sweet winter owl is coming to life and showing his personality! And that cake-wow so very cool!

sheila 77 said...

Love your owl, he's coming along, and I actually love him in his winter pyjamas and tartan headband, good fun.
What a marvellous cake, I thought it was the real thing at first.