Saturday, May 23, 2015

Shells

Here's a journal page I made earlier this week. I really didn't like my background colors when I started, but when I added these shells and painted them yellow I fell in love with it just as it was. So for now, I am leaving it as is.
 I used some light molding paste and a stencil to make the shells.
 I added the scallop shells  around the page. You can see here how blah it looked before I painted the shells. And I used some SILKS along the white edges of the page.
I don't use molding paste  very often and I don't know why that is.  It adds such great texture and dimension to a page, doesn't it? I think I need to remember that I have a jar more often.
When I get a chance I will probably link this page up to Art Journal Journey.
So what are you up to on this Saturday? I have decided to undertake a project I never have tried before. I am going to attempt to refinish a floor. We have a small screen porch and the floor in there has been getting blacker and more peeled every year. Its a bamboo floor with a urethane finish, so I rented a big floor sander and I am going to try to strip the crackling urethane and then I am going to paint it. Not sure how far I will get this weekend, but the striping must get done today because I need to return the sander by 3 this afternoon. The hubby has said he is going to help me too; it is our project he said, which makes me smile because it is always good to have help. Especially when you do something new!
I'll let you know how it all works out.
Have a great day!

7 comments:

Martha Kisling said...

Wonderful texture and I love the bright yellow shells!

Christine said...

This is really nice work Erika.

Valerie-Jael said...

Love this, great idea to do the shells that way. Thanks for joining us at Art Journal Journey again, and enjoy your weeekend. Hugs, Valerie

Lisabella Russo said...

What beautiful shells! It's a very fun piece! I hope it goes well with your floor project.

alice k. said...

This is great! Adding colors definitely made a difference.

sheila 77 said...

Nice work with the textured shells, they do look good in yellow against the background.

Good luck with the floor project, that sounds like a big task.

johanna said...

same with me - i also always Forget about the molding paste... it Looks so gorgeous here with the Shell!