Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Traveling

So another journal page that I am linking to Art Journal Journey. Thanks to Susi and Valerie for hosting.
Today I am continuing the Lizzie and Wally story which will wrap up on Friday, I promise! 
So now Lizzie is on her way home, making a fun cruise of it in the process. Can you blame her?  Wouldn't it be fun just to be able to take off on a whim and spend the winter away? 
 I used paints and stamps and a black Sharpie to make the background. I stamped some images, and aged them a bit, and added them to the page.
And since I have finished making the Lizzie and Wally pages, and since it was a kind of quiet weekend, I've been making a few cards. I haven't made cards in forever, and my stash is dwindling. 
Always good to have a little card stash for those occasions you need them.
Or when someone like my daughter or husband say they need a card for something, which is often the case.
Here's a couple of them for today.

So not sure what I am up to today. I have a car that desperately needs a cleaning since yesterday the dog took off and went romping through the swamp across the street from the house. I went to coerce her home, and of course she was COVERED in mud, which got all over in the inside of the car, and it cleans up better when dry...
Little bugger.
But anyhow, that is all for me. Have a fantastic day, and stay cool!
(We're back into the heat here.)


7 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Your journal page is great, I love the story! Beautiful cards, too. Have a nice day, hugs, Valerie

Blogoratti said...

Great stuff, have a good week and best wishes!

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

Isn't it fun to be lost in paradise?!! LOVE this, and she is so chic! Great layers too! Your cards are great too...always good to have extra cards on hand!

Linda Kunsman said...

fun following your story and art Erika and your cards are fab-so cheerful!

Meggymay said...

Lizzie looks like she is enjoying her trip. Another fantastic page. Super cards as well.
Yvonne

froebelsternchen said...

Another fantastic page of the story!!! Great! Your cards are unique...
Art Journal Journey says THANK YOU ERIKA!!!
Have a great day! I am a bit late with my visit.. sorry...was on an exhausting shopping trip to vienna with two teenager girls yesterday.
oxo
Susi

ULKAU said...

amazing lost-in-paradise-page! ... and your cards are great! Ulrike