Wednesday, August 5, 2015

What a Week

This week has become something totally unexpected in my house. I thought, a quiet week. A week of some art,finishing up some home projects. But NO! Instead, the daughter and her boyfriend split up, and now she is home. With Pete her dog. Moving, rearranging, settling her in. I am glad she is home and sad for her too.
Life always changes, doesn't it?
This year there has been way too many major changes in my world.
So no new art to show you today. Life has been a little too crazy to finish up and photograph some pieces.  But I do have some more photos from last weekend. (Before it got crazy!)
On the road in Maine.
On the water in Portsmouth, New Hampshire.
I liked the last one so much I want to show you another similar to it.
Can you see my crazy boat ride loving dog?
And some not so pretty industrial views. But still interesting, I think.
Or hope.
We go under several bridges in a normal boat ride.
And how about funny hats!
Or maybe a super yummy dinner, Wear your hat!
My mother-in-law cooked for us.  We bought the food; she cooked.  A fair deal?
And after shopping all day, a little treat.
And a couple more pretty views.
 The beach and
the lake in Maine.
And me,wishing I was cruising off into the sunset. Make everyone's life perfect and happy. Ha-ha. Today I am on the road as my brother and I are taking our mother to an assisted living  center which hopefully she will like and we can get her situated in. That will be one less situation requiring constant attention.
Maybe.
I hope to have some art for you tomorrow.
Thanks for visiting!

3 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Wonderful photos, love the reflections on the water, your crazy swim-dog and the bridges - cool. And you have been showing food again, so I am drooling onto the keyboard! Sorry to hear about your daughter's problems, life sometimes changes very quickly and can be hard, but she is home with you and I am sure you will help her get over her hurt! Have a nice day, hugs, Valerie

froebelsternchen said...

My gosh -- I so love your photos bringing this wonderful area to me!
Your dog is too cute- seems to love boating -lol.The meal looks delicious!!
This is sad I believe that it is crazy for you and so sad for your daughter - but better now than if they were married and had even kids.
She will find another partner soon-- such a pretty young woman -you know sometimes things have to happen for much better things to happen.(don't know to express this in english well - hope you understand what I mean)

oxo
Susi

Blogoratti said...

Lovely scenery in those photos. Greetings!