Friday, September 25, 2015

Dreams

It is Friday!!!!!! Spirit week has been going on at my school since Monday, and it has been crazy. Formal day, flashback day, clash day-the kids are soooo wound up. It is fun to see how people dress but not so fun trying to get them to be productive. Like Halloween for a week. And today is pep rally day with school colors and they'll have painted hair and faces, maroon and white everything, and no one will be focused except for the end of the day rally. I am not a pep rally fan personally,  But many of the kids LOVE it. By Monday they will all be exhausted and quiet.  I will be ready for some work normality.
So another Paint Party Friday has rolled around and I have some journal pages to show you.
Thanks again to Eva and Kristen for hosting!
So I have been busy making lots of journal pages using TH found relative cards during the past few weeks (maybe too many pages...think it is time for a little shake up), and lately I have been using the kids and making these dream for the future pages. 
So the top page says (in case you can't read it) 'Olaf thought of joining his father's fishing fleet but his dream was to be a marine biologist."  The background is a oceany Gelli print  from my stack. I added Olaf, who I cut out from the card, and then I die cut on gold foil paper the fish.  I love how the big ones really look like those gold foil German scrap pieces that were so popular before. I don't see them as much now, but I love them and have a whole folder of them, but no fish, so these work great. The stamped quote is from Postmodern Designs, That is one stamp company I wish had not gone out of business all those years ago.
And my second page has an oceany feel too, This time I used a Gelli print from my stack and added a Gelli printed deli wrap paper over it. I did a bit of collaging with book paper, washi tape and a mini file folder from my stash. I also die cut the silverware, and stamped, painted and fussy cut the sun shape. It is actually not a sun, though I use it for that a lot, but the top of an award ribbon. Makes this stamp so much more used that's for sure..........
So do you have any fun weekend plans?
I need to run errands and get my house restocked up on some basic items, and I am hoping to get a little studio time, maybe meet a friend for lunch and maybe even do a few more chores. I have gotten into a fall clean up mode, mainly because I found out this week I was approved to be my husband's kidney donor, and I have lots to do before I (and the husband too) are both down from surgery  We are hoping will happen in November, but not exactly sure of any details yet.
So have a great day, and thanks once again for visiting.

14 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Love both of your fabulous pages, and the texts you have written for them, great fun. Sounds like you had a very busy week at school, and I am sure you are now more than happy that it's weekend - enjoy it!
Glad you got the okay for the kidney donation, it's a big step, so good luck with all the preparations. Hugs, Valerie

Tracey FK said...

both pages look amazing... great combinations of art and images and it sounds like you did well to get them done with so much going on...xx

SusuPetal said...

Your pages are indeed oceanly, oh I so love the sea!

Glad that you were approved for a doner, so good luck with all the preparations that will be waiting for you in the future.

sirkkis said...

Hi Erika,
Your pages are always full of interesting pictures and nice message.
Have a happy weekend xx

Clare Lloyd said...

Fab journal pages. Happy PPF

Gillena Cox said...

love your sharing this week; happy PPF

much love...

froebelsternchen said...

Wonderful pages Erika!
Great!
I wish you a relaxing weekend and it's super to hear that all got o.k.
with the kidney donation..sounds great!
oxo
Susi

Linda Kunsman said...

fantastic pages ! Love the vintage images along with the colorful backgrounds. I too have Post Modern Design stamps and love them!

Faye said...

I love the vivid and beautiful colors in your work this week!

Anonymous said...

Love these pages, and the pictures of the ships in the next post! Must. Follow!

Giggles said...

Wonderful journal pages!!

Hugs Giggles

Beth Niquette said...

One of these days I shall start a journal. The pages you do are so inspiring and sweet. Lovely.

DVArtist said...

Your pages are fabulous!!! I cooked and baked today. Now I am going into the art room on a new project. I will be there tomorrow as well.
Have a great weekend
Nicole/Beadwright

Anonymous said...

Erika, I really like the light feel of both of these pieces. It seems that the world has gone mad and so it is really a great respite to see some messages and illustrations that are light hearted and whimsical. Love the colors and your "mini" stories for each page. So glad that you have been approved as a donor. I will say a prayer for you and your husband that all goes well for the procedure. How brave you are to do such an act of love! Your husband is a fortunate man to have a wife that loves him so much! :-)