Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Triplets

I was practicing 2 techniques on this journal page. 1) I wanted to leave some white space on the page. I tend not to do that. And 2) I was watering down some acrylic paint to make it look lighter and more like watercolor. 
The 3 orange lines inspired me to stamp everything in triplet. The girl is stamped and painted. As are the columns and the flowers stamped on them. Don't let me forget the little red stamped birds too.

Oh, and I forgot today is second is on the second. So let me add in this piece from the archives.
And I'm not quite finished yet.
WARNING food photos coming up!

So last weekend I tried my hand at making a Danish ring. I was very pleased with how it came out.
I filled it with jam and brown sugar. Then I topped it with some melted butter so it baked into some delicious butterscotch.
 Here's the finished rung. A bit lopsided but not bad for a first attempt.
 And a slice. (Licking my lips here.)
This is the cookbook I got both the  dough and the final Danish recipes from.
Hope your day is delicious and yummy-like my Danish was!



10 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

How could you do this to me, sigh, I'm drooling over the keyboard, and I have to go to the Dentist again today! Love your journal page, love how you used the colours and the repetitive stamping, a great idea! How's school going?
Enjoy that cake - butterscotch - butter, jam, brown sugar.....aaaaargh! I want some! Hugs, Valerie

froebelsternchen said...

The page looks very cool - great with the white space!!

and the cake looks very fine..in Austria we have something similar with the name "Kärtner Reindling"
recipe here

Love to see your bakery pruducts Erika - it always lokks very yummie!

Sadie´sGedankenfülle said...

Your pictures are great and the cake looks also very tasty.
I'll be happy to see you again.
Sadie

~*~Patty S said...

So much to enjoy here and I still haven't had breakfast so you know what I'm going to say about that gorgeous pastry you made. Yum Yum
Yum!
Your "tell me" piece looks great with the repetitive design and you did good leaving some open space which I also find a challenge sometimes.
Nice you joined in Elizabeth's Second look too.
oxo

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I wish it was cold and windy here. I have sun, but I have heat and humidity so thick I'm drinking the air I breathe.

Your art is always gorgeous, and I like both your current and previous entries. Each is beautiful and so different.

I can't stop there, though. You are one fantastic baker. It's too hot to bake here, but I sure like the looks of that beautiful Danish ring. It might have come out a bit lopsided, but I bet it still tasted fantastic.

Thanks for sharing your Second on the 2nd, as well as your other lovely bits with us this month.

Dianne said...

I am thinking that you created an amazing post today! fun and colorful canvas, and archive art....but holy cow that Danish looks absolutely delicious! ok, can you tell I love sweet breads? visiting from E's 2nd on the 2nd ♥

Arnoldo L. Romero, MLA said...

I like your use of repetition in that striking composition, and your handwriting is very artistic too. I haven't had dinner yet, so your scrumptious looking Danish ring made my mouth water. Blessings!

pearshapedcrafting said...

What a fabulous post! Love your page - it's hard to leave white space for me too! Great 2nd on the 2nd! The Danish ring looks yummy! Chrisx

Anonymous said...

Nice white space and watercolor effects with the acrylics. Coffee cake from heaven, oh my. xox

Unknown said...

It's nearly 3 am here and now I find myself now longing for some Danish pastry (*sigh...)! Enjoyed reading about the techniques you used for your journal page. i have not thought of water down acrylic paint like that. You've inspired me to give it a try.
Discovered your blog via bunnysgirl.blogspot.ca blog today.