Tuesday, January 26, 2016

A Warm and Cozy Spot for T

Happy T day everyone. Here's my favorite winter spot to have a mug of tea and to read, with the added bonus that I also get to warm up on a cold day or evening. You can see my mug of tea on the little table to the left of my rocking chair.
This chair is the most comfortable chair-even though it is made out of wood. It is suppose to go outside but I like it so much I leave it here next to the wood stove year round. And my little table folds up so I can put it out of the way when I don't have a cup of tea or coco.
Check out everyone else's Tuesday T by hopping on over to Elizabeth's blog T post   Altered Book Lover .
And I used this photo as inspiration for today's post to Art Journal Journey. This month hostess is Chrissie and picked the theme of winter wonderland.
 I don't have any deer or other animal heads in my house, but space was just screaming to me to stamp the image there,
I am sure some of you in the Washington DC, Philadelphia and other mid-Atlantic states area that got dumped on last weekend are probably seen enough snow for the whole winter.
You can see the little tea pot on the table next to the blazing fire. All this piece needs is a comfy rocking chair to be complete it, but since the white snow dots were heavy on the left side of the page I thought I would skip the chair and let the snow fall down.
Teacher workday for me today.... New classes and semester 2 start tomorrow! Ready for the fresh new faces and the change-I have one class I am a little worried about, but the other 2 should be fine. I can use a little regulated excitement in my dull winter life right now.
That's all for me- thanks for stopping by for a visit and a little tea (or coffee or coco...your choice).



18 comments:

froebelsternchen said...

A really cozy place to relax! Great and this lovely page makes one really happy to look at! Fabulous even without a rocking chair!
I hope all the new pupils are fine .... not too much excitement...
and a happy day for you Erika!
Thank you for this amazing page linked to AJJ .
I love the background and how you used it is simply excellent!
oxo
Susi

Valerie-Jael said...

Wonderful spot to sit and dream and toast your toes! Love the beautiful journal page, too. Thanks so much for joining us gain at AJJ, hugs and happy T Day, Valerie

Craftymoose Crafts said...

What a warm and inviting space you have made by the fire. The rocker is stunning, but what caught my eye was the absolutely cutest bear!

I'll show my sewing machine next week and explain how I did the stitching--it is not a high end embroidery machine.

Good luck with your new classes!

chrissie said...

This is such a comforting and happy page and I love the photograph of your special place

Thank you for joining us again at Art a Journal Journey

Love Chrissie xx

jinxxxygirl said...

Wow! I would so LOVE to join you for tea around that fireplace..!! I don't have any snow but it is cold and that fire would sure feel good! :) I love your artjournal page! I love how you painted the fire especially and all the snow dots! Gorgeous! Happy happy Tday! Hugs! deb

Linda Kunsman said...

oh that does look so inviting to sit by the stove! And your winter wonderland page is super!! I love the stamped and decorated moose above the fire although I would NEVER have a real animal head in my home. Although I AM sick of seeing snow, I wouldn't tire of seeing all the wonderful winter wonderland themed art. Happy T day to you!

johanna said...

cozy winter place - and i like your journaling page very much.
wishing you luck with your new classes!
happy t-day!

Krisha said...

I love sitting by the stove, unfortunately, ours is a wood burner and they have all but out lawed them in this area....:((

I adore your rocking chair, don't think I've ever seen one quite like it......it LOOKS comfortable too. I have one of those little folding tables too, love it.

Your art journal page turned out fantastic, even the deer head...LOL

Thanks for the earlier visit and the comment.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

What a fun, fun post. Not only did I appreciate the chair and table holding your drink, I LOVE the bear footstool. That is really a fun and unique decoration, something I love, too.

Your wonderful art today is brilliant. Wish I could draw, but even a mug is beyond my ability. Your fireplace looks warm, as does your heating stove.

Thanks for joining today with your book, your beautiful chair, your drink, your BEAR, and your art for T this Tuesday. Hope the new classes are as well behaved as you hope.

~*~Patty S said...

Love your pretty wooden rocker and cozy spot by the woodstove Erika.
Very inviting!
Your collage is super.
I am very attracted to antlers and those are fab!
Happy T Day from someone that LOVES snow (easy for me to say because I have no where to go)... we are already melting today but it will be a bit of time before things return to normal.
oxo

voodoo vixen said...

Oh what a lovely cosy spot to sit with a nice book... and I adore your bear footstool! Your journal page with all the snow and roaring fire depicts winter beautifully and those deer heads seem to be a fashionable thing to have at the moment. Happy T Tuesday to you! Annette

Rita said...

I LOVE that rocker! I would have it inside year round, too!
Your artwork is appropriate for this weekend for so many people, that's for sure. I could picture your rocker there. ;)
Happy T-Day! :)

pearshapedcrafting said...

I love your cosy spot and your cosy bear for raising your feet above the draughts! Your journal page is fabulous! Enjoy your new challenges!Hugs, Chrisx

Cindy D. said...

Such a cute and cozy little setup with the chair by the stove and the little bear footrest! Cozy little painting with the teapot, too! Good luck with your classes!

Lisca said...

I love your wood stove and your rocking chair. What a great spot. That 'bear' footstool looks very comfortable and I like the idea of a fold-up coffee table.
No wonder your journal page is a cozy fire...
Thanks for visiting earlier,
Have a good week,
Lisca

Dianne said...

oh, a wood fire along with my cup of tea sounds very heavenly right about now! fun to see your space, and lovely art work! good luck with the new semester, and happy T day!

Janet said...

There's nothing I like better than a good wood fire when it's cold. Your spot by the stove looks great.

I like your journal page, too. The deer above the fireplace looks just perfect...even though I wouldn't want one above my fireplace. I couldn't stand to look at those sweet eyes all the time!

Karla B said...

What a lovely cozy place, my friend!Love your bear and your rocking chair!We all need a spot where we can recharge our batteries and remain silent, meditating. Gorgeous post!Happy belated T Day, dear!