Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Cold Enough For You?

I don't even want to think about this kind of winter! I hope we don't get anything even close to this seeing there's still lots of winter weeks left in my neck of the woods.
Here's some close ups because I added some glitter to this page to resemble icy snow and wind blown snow, and the only way in these photos to see it is up close.
The glitter made my letters not very sticky, even using a matte medium. Grrr.

This was the cold and wind we had last week.
 I stopped my car in the road as no one was coming behind me to take these photos. I guess this was the inspiration for today's art piece.

We've actually had some  warmer weather the last few days (big smile about that) which has been great.  And no big storms predicted for the rest of the work week, at least if the weather people are correct...I am hoping we don't get any snow days because they just mean we have to stay in school longer in June.
But I suppose I have just jinxed that happening now that I put it in writing.
Time to get ready for work, so stay warm, and thanks for stopping by.

8 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Love your beautiful journal page, it does look cold there! Sometimes alphas just don't want to stick, but if you drop them onto the floor, they get stuck for all eternity. Love the wintry photos, too. Thanks for joining us again at Art Journal Journey, Hugs, Valerie
The weather here is grey, wet and very mild!

Nancy Chan said...

Hi Erika, I am feeling brrrr cold just looking at the last 2 photos.

froebelsternchen said...

Your page is ADORABLE.. I love the background and how clever you made the sparkling snow! Looks cool on the photos !
Hope your day was good and the pupils are fine!
Thank you Erika for another fabulous winter page! You are in a FLOW this month! I am thrilled about all your ideas and pages!
oxo
Susi

~*~Patty S said...

Ooooh I would have definitely stopped the car too to get those misty shots!
Your page is great too Erika.
We're expecting temps in the low 50's soon.
All of this pretty snow will be reduced to mud.
oxo

chrissie said...

Wonderful winter page with great textures. Love your real snow pics as well.nothing here so far where we live.

Thank you for supporting the challenge with such great art pieces

Love Chrissie xxx

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I'm running behind since I was out all day and evening. This is a fun AJJ page. I know the feeling about not getting my stickers to stick. Mine don't even need glitter to keep them from staying down properly. I thought the glitter was a really great touch and way to show how cold and snowy it is.

LOVED the snow photos. The wind swept road looked all too familiar, since I live in flat country, too. Beauty is everywhere in this post, dear.

voodoo vixen said...

Thank you for the close ups with the details on your artwork, they are lovely. The sled and dogs are great. Hope the weather plays nicely for you! I did a similar thing last week when driving to a friends house and stopped in the middle of the road because the mist laying across the fields looked so pretty but i only had my phone and the photo wasn't half as nice. Annette #31

Ileana said...

Unique and beautiful art. You make me miss the northeast.