Sunday, May 15, 2016

More States to Visit

So yesterday was way too gorgeous of a day to stay inside, and I spent a busy day outside working in my yard. Today however, I am planning a less strenuous day because I don't spend want to spend my whole weekend doing yard work. Even though there's enough of it that I could.
Plus it is cloudy and cold so its the perfect kind of arting day! That is exciting.
So today I have a few more views from my 50 states altered book.
The top post card is  cool view of New York City's Empire state building that I bought many years ago when I visited New York. I want to create a page for the rest of New York, the actual state that is, but I haven't yet found my inspiration. That's why the page behind the postcard is still undone.
And here is a couple of pages inspired by driving trips from my home in New Hampshire down to the US capital of Washington DC. Unfortunately I've mostly only driven through New Jersey and Delaware to date. I taken several different road through New Jersey, not just the main highway route 95, and I have seen Princeton University and been on the USS New Jersey battle ship once. But I can't say I've ever really done tons of touristy things in that state

And although I've been to Washington DC 5 times, I have yet to make it there for the cherry blossoms in early April. But its on my bucket list. That's why you see a stenciled cherry background. I put an old  fashioned post card of the Washington Monument on that background and put a piece of mica over part of it that that's why it has that strange color effect in the middle of it.
So this past week real spring arrived here  in New Hampshire.
Here's the leaf view last Monday.
And here was yesterday/Saturday.
I LOVE it.
Have a great rest of your weekend everyone.

5 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Wonderful journal pages and photos again, thanks so much for your support for AJJ!! Enjoy your Sunday, hugs, Valerie

froebelsternchen said...

Fantastic pages Erika! Wow!
Great that spring finally arrived -
we even will get frost this night again.. brrr.
But it is more springlike and with the blooming around the soul at least feels like it is spring even it is much too cold in my mind!

Happy weekend!
Thank you for being such a perfect hostess!♥♥♥
Susi

Meggymay said...

Fantastic journal pages, I am enjoying seeing your photos as well.
Yvonne xx

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

If that's your house, it's gorgeous. I thought you said it was small. It's definitely larger than mine. And I see the blossoms on the trees, too.

Speaking of trees, the cherry blossoms around the DC basin are beautiful. You represented them so well. You also did a fantastic job with the two postcards. I like how you added the copper tape and brads to the one, and of course, I love everything about NYC.

These are stunning and beautiful entries. You have such a great eye when it comes to this kind of art. I am in awe and wish I could capture images and paint as well as you.

I know it's late, but I hope you had a fantastic weekend. I spent the day helping my friend Sally clean her freezer and her fridge/freezer. It was an all day affair, but was just what I needed for the cold day we had.

~*~Patty S said...

Fun to see your fab U.S. travel pages.
Hope you get to see the D.C. cherry blossoms some time.
It is a glorious couple of weeks not always easy to predict when they'll do their magic.
Enjoy our Spring!
oxo