Monday, June 6, 2016

Charting Their Courses

Monday. Wahoo. Senior week begins today at school and they graduate on Friday. The end of the school year always gets so crazy. But, I need to get through it before I reach summer vacation. Seems like all I do is check off one item as it occurs and then move onto the next one.
I'm ready for a little relaxing ocean time. For the wind in my hair and the sun on my skin. The smell of salt water is luring me. Its been way too many months since I got go for a cruise in our boat.
So here's my latest page for Art Journal Journey. This month the theme is maps. I thought I'd create some sails from maps.  I guess I have boating fever and am hoping for some nice weather to get out on the water.
So I made this page with some paint, some old ledger pages, an old map, my Stabilo pencil and a few stamps.
Time for summer!
Need to get running early today.  Senior exam at 7:30 this morning. No time to "chat".
Thanks for stopping by for a visit.

10 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Wonderful page, a definite fave! Thanks for joining us again at AJJ, much appreciated! It's hot ad humid here, but at least it hasn't rained....Have a great week, hugs, Valerie

Sue said...

I love your art journal page - full of colour, movement and joy.

Julia @ Vintage with Laces said...

That's a beautiful page, Erika. I love the idea of maps as sails. Hopefully you'll get some nice weather soon to take a boat trip.

Divers and Sundry said...

Love those boats! I like the sails :)

froebelsternchen said...

Those boats are so beautiful! I love them! Hope you get good weather to enjoy the sea Erika!
Good luck with the senior week!
Thank you very much for another fab idea for the map theme at AJJ!
oxo Susi

sheila 77 said...

This really gives the feel of the ocean, the sea and the sky. Your sailing boats are great with their map sails. It's all so lovely and fresh.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

What an incredible way to incorporate maps in your project. You are SO, SO clever!!!

Mary C. Nasser said...

I love everything about this! How brilliant to make the sails from maps! And all those lovely blues are wonderful!!

Let's Art Journal said...

Amazing perspective you have created on this page! Those boats are too cute and the different map pieces you have chosen for the sails makes them all unique. That seagull looks like he’s enjoying the ride as well! I love it! :-)

Jeanie said...

This is a perfect piece for ocean time and I agree with above on the remarkable perspective. The map is perfect! I'm headed to the ocean next week. It's been ages and I can't wait!

Thanks for your comments on the Gypsy! I'll pass your congratulations on to Rick!