Saturday, April 8, 2017

A Little Windy, but a Nice Day to Walk

I'm a tired and a little sore blogger tonight. 
This morning my daughter and I participated in a five mile walk for MS (multiple sclerosis) in Portsmouth, New Hampshire. The group I advise at school not only volunteers to man water stops at this event but we had a walking team too. The kids raised over $1500 which is excellent. 
One of my work friends also has this disease so there was a bunch of staff members taking the walk  today. I got to do a lot of catching up done since we got to chat while we walked, and it was great to get so much exercise too.
We're ready. I snapped a few shots as we walked. They aren't the greatest, because I was walking as I snapped.
Can you make out all the people walking way down on the left said of the road.? Not sure how many people walked but I bet it was at least a few hundred.


We didn't have team shirts but some teams did.
And we followed the orange signs. First we walked into downtown, and then we walked out in the suburban areas and then we walked back into town.

 We got a cool view of the bridge which crosses the river into Maine.
 And I really like this clock.
 And there were some Easter and spring cheer at shop windows. I think I need to go downtown someday after work and do a little window shopping. I just didn't have time to take any window photos.

 But I did manage to snap a photo of this arty table which was in a window. 



 After the walk my daughter and I went out and had sandwiches for lunch.
The French fries were so delicious I took most of my sandwich home for tomorrow and ate fries.
 Then we went shopping. It was a lot of fun, even if I did spend more money than I planned on. :) 
So between walking for MS and walking around shopping, I got to highest count ever on my Fitbit. It might not be the most I ever walked in my life, but I am impressed with myself. Usually I manage around 10,000 steps (a little more or a little less) a day. 
And that's why tonight I am tired and even a little bit sore. Its that feeling you get once you sit down and actually relax. Think Its going to be an early night.
Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

.

8 comments:

Dianne said...

wow, that's a fantastic step count for the day! What a great cause, and terrific amount of money raised! I have a friend living with MS and am encouraged how much the treatment has improved over the years. I had an aunt who died from the disease in the late 60's, and in those days there really wasn't much available in the way of medications. So glad the cause is gaining prominence and treatments are improving! thank you for sharing...

Valerie-Jael said...

Sounds like a busy and successful day, well done on walking so far, and for a good cause. Good to hear that so many students joined in. The food you got afterwards looks great, too. Thanks for taking the photos along the way, my faves were the arty table and te bunny with umbrella. Hope you got a good rest afterwards. Hugs, Valerie

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Congratulations on a successful walk. I saw there was one in Wichita on Saturday, too. Sounds like it was a success everywhere. Glad you got top spend time with your daughter. I know that must have been one of the highlights of the day.

LOVED the photos, and got a good idea of your downtown, even though you live in the country. Great photos and great day. Thanks for sharing them.

Meggymay said...

That was a great step count and it looks like it was good weather for your walk, I liked seeing the photos you took on the way as well.
Yvonne xx

CJ Kennedy said...

What a wonderful day you had! Kudos to your kids for the fund raising efforts. Really enjoyed the pictures. If that's the Piscataqua Bridge, I've been over that many times on my way to York Beach, Maine. That was my stomping grounds in my twenties. Always passed over that bridge, but never stopped in Portsmouth. Loved the bunny and his umbrella. The fish with his jaunty scarf made me laugh. He might be able to ditch the scarf this week as temps are supposed to be very mild, almost summery. Yay! I also thought this was your Tuesday T post because of your delicious lunch. I'm hungry and I told Himself I'd go food shopping with him. Hungry and food shopping, not a good combination. Thanks for the tour of Portsmouth. Enjoy the rest of the weekend.

froebelsternchen said...

Super event Erika! Great that you took us with you!
Hope you could relax and aren'T too tired now and had a good Sunday !
We had super weather and I enjoyed it!
Happy new week ahead my friend!
oxo Susi

Sandy said...

Congratulations on a great walk. Your lunch looks wonderful especially those french fries!
sandy xx

Jeanie said...

I remember your saying you were going to do this. What a great cause and wonderful way to support your friend. Lovely, Erika.